• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Official 2012 SS Ga Rally Info thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

CycleJay

I am not gullible enough to believe the snakes out there would get THAT big,
also, big snakes like that would not be going after spiders. They would go after meat.
As in wild animals...

I have been raised with snakes for most of my life, and studied them a bit...

Just my $0.02 cents....

sandcobra164

Can't wait to make the trip. I've got to unblouse my deuce (lose the cargo cover), make an airline connection in the J pipe for the airpack to activate and hook behind somebody's godawful rendition of a guntruck. I can't wait! All kidding aside, we should have a blast. Anyone towed a Deuce with radial tires, specifically 11R20 Firestones. I plan on tying off the steering wheel, don't need him to fight "Proud American" as we're cruising down the road. I would tow the 5 ton but it has that Mack Diesel rather than the multi so it has power to spare compared to my truck.

Recovry4x4

LLM/Member 785
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Can't wait to make the trip. I've got to unblouse my deuce (lose the cargo cover), make an airline connection in the J pipe for the airpack to activate and hook behind somebody's godawful rendition of a guntruck. I can't wait! All kidding aside, we should have a blast. Anyone towed a Deuce with radial tires, specifically 11R20 Firestones. I plan on tying off the steering wheel, don't need him to fight "Proud American" as we're cruising down the road. I would tow the 5 ton but it has that Mack Diesel rather than the multi so it has power to spare compared to my truck.
Funny you should ask! The very first year we were at Durhamtown I picked up Bruce Kubu's super nice shop van from down your way. It had 11R20 stones on it. That sucker fought me every inch of the way until I tied the wheel off. That's still the only truck I had to resort to that. Was a fun ride up 129.

Last edited:
Durhamtown is Tropical - BAMF snakes out there - couple years back they posts a rattler on top of a stump -= that is what you could see of the stump.

But eh - do not worry about the snakes cause the only reason the snakes are there - is to eat the spiders :popcorn: now you should see the big Fing spider there.

SOOOOO - story is - what ever you do while our sleeping inside or out at the rally is NOT to think about the big arse snakes - but whatever you do - do not think about the spider the snakes are after - seems they get into smaller spaces as well.

HEY - speaking of that - did you ever see National Geo on how many spiders a human swallows a year ??????? ya gotta sleep sometime and do you open your mouth while your sleeping ??????? Look out for the snake chasin it
I could be worse.

Attachments

papabear

GA Mafia Imperial 1SG
I suspect that would be a short fight!!!

swbradley1

Modertator
Staff member
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
I'll bring my trap gun and someone just yell "PULL!" when the spiders fly over.

Problem-solution.

Whiterabbit

It's the ones you don't see that ya' gott'a worry 'bout!
They're good eatn' though. Lil' salt n pepper and yummmy! Snakes that is. Spiders just pop when you try to cook 'em. :drool:

zout

I figured we could use the spiders for Skeet or Trap shooting - PULL

If you can keep most the folks out of the fishing pond behind the camping area - But that is where the snakes hide

Attachments

clinto

Moderator, wonderful human being & practicing Deuc
Staff member
Administrator
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Supporting Vendor
Can anyone pick up a Ga Rally attendee from Hartsfield Airport in Atlanta around 0900 on 10-October?

He warns me that he will probably smell funny and possibly be "messed up" from 2 days of air travel.

I need someone who is reliable to commit to this so our attendee can plan his trip. I will also need a backup so if the first volunteer gets hit by a bus or something else keeps him from completing the mission, the attendee still gets picked up.

Who wants to step up? There are 2 cold Heinekens available as compensation.
I can B Soldier B (Backup Man). I assume they are coming from Australia or somewhere in the far east?
A sandy place in Asia.

Ok folks, so far, Swiss is the only person who has posted/pm'd me saying they could pick up our attendee.

Is there anyone else who wants to step up? If not, you all owe Swiss beer and gas for the M62.

:p

Whiterabbit

He can ride in the truck with Blake! Ooops..... Never mind. :lol: WOW! Blake, looks like you have the first night covered but what about the rest of the week? [thumbzup]

Found out why they moved the rally up a week and moved us to another field - seems there was some low handed competition for DEER on that area of the field - well - seems the new area has the same problem. Them snakes are fast to catch deer.

Thougth it was all crap till I was leaving and then saw these troopers teasing this fella.

I need taller snake resistant boots to bring. Looks like them babies could eat small campers.
The attached picture is of my buddy and the snake that he killed outside his house near Statesboro, GA. That was last night and he said that it was the second one he had killed this week. In case you are wondering, that is a canebrake rattlesnake.

Attachments

Tinwoodsman

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Wow, the antivenin of choice here is CroFab at a cost of $1,000 per vial. The stuff they used for that guy must be some stuff.

Status
Not open for further replies.