• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Official 2012 SS Ga Rally Info thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

tigger

Medic.
In Memorial
A sandy place in Asia.

Ok folks, so far, Swiss is the only person who has posted/pm'd me saying they could pick up our attendee.

Is there anyone else who wants to step up? If not, you all owe Swiss beer and gas for the M62.

:p
Clinto i will have my pickup and can help out getting him if needed.

EMD567

Driver for the Ga Mafia
Steel Soldiers Supporter
I started loading up the Tacoma today in preparation for the GA rally. Had to get the most important cargo loaded first and hope there is room for some army jeep parts. rofl
So you have the 1st night covered. What are you gonna do for the 4 nights?

EMD567

Driver for the Ga Mafia
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Looks like I will need to bring "Big Red" my Ruger Red Hawk .44 magnum for snake duty. After 6, I can crawl in the barrel and hide........

swiss

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Ok folks, so far, Swiss is the only person who has posted/pm'd me saying they could pick up our attendee.

Is there anyone else who wants to step up? If not, you all owe Swiss beer and gas for the M62.

:p
yahooooo, I need gas money, restoring a restored wrecker is expensive! Save your beer and bring on the crown!

zout

WOW - my snake antivenom is way less expensive than that [thumbzup] Not really keen on injecting myself with a needle with it (cause you would need a vets needle or a BBQ sause injection needle) to get a good hit.

Most take it orally - some call it oral - some call it injection - I perfer to call it oral (hmmmmm hmmmmmm)

I know a fellers looking for jeep parts - ones is looking for bows - rods - canopy - doors - all the sissy stuff.

Just so you know its hard to scream when a snake is eating you head first.[thumbzup] all we'll hear of you leaving is a very faint muffle. Kind of like a whistler turbo with a durapac muffler on it. Then again - if we see you getting eaten - you will have that BOBBED LOOK.rofl

Jimma

I'm getting excited. I've put about 300 miles on my truck this week now the weather is getting nice. I'm getting her cleaned up today, changing some filters, doing some tuchups and some basic maintenance. Can't wait to roll into Union Point.

zout

CLinto - in reply to getting a member from Atlanta Hartfield to the battlegounds at DT.

Personally - I have been trying to work this out for you - and more so for the SS member. You know I like a mission and get er done for you. BUT - with a change in Deb and I being able to be there SUN the 7th for the entire week it changes our being able to manuver to help locally in the ATL area - such as helping getting this member to DT.

I was kicking around having one of my personnel pick them up - but riders are not insured in company vehicles - chitola
I was kicking around having one of my personnel pick them up in the POV giving them time off with pay to do this - but they are not insured and puts the company at risk - chitola

Does the member have a credit card?
Can the member rent a car at the airport and come to the rally ?

DEB AND I would be more than happy to automatically toss in $50 to help get this member into a rent a car if they can - so they can drive to the rally to help reimburse them !!!!

ANYONE else game to help if this can go down this way ???? it could not be more than $250 to rent a car - pay for gas and insurance to get them over there - - FOOD - I got em covered - place to stay snake free - I have a tent - DRINK - hahaahaha do you have to ask.

CLINTO - ball is in your field and other members here - will this work or not ???

EMD567

Driver for the Ga Mafia
Steel Soldiers Supporter
What day and time does the person need to be picked up? If it is the right time, maybe Adam or I can ride over from DT in one of our MV's and pickup the passenger. We would have to be able to get either the 915 or my 814 in there(man would homeland sec have a cow).:mrgreen::jumpin:

sandcobra164

Dave, If I can afford to fuel a Deuce 180 miles, buy enough beer to drink like a fool and food, I'm sure I can easily find a $20 to hand you if you can wait until the rally to collect it!!! That could go for either idea, JP and Ferro could use it for fuel or Swiss could use it towards the rental. It'll be there.

Last edited:

papabear

GA Mafia Imperial 1SG
Dave, If I can afford to fuel a Deuce 180 miles, buy enough beer to drink like a fool and food, I'm sure I can easily find a $20 to hand you if you can wait until the rally to collect it!!! That could go for either idea, JP and Ferro could use it for fuel or Swiss could use it towards the rental. It'll be there.
I'll help with fuel money or what ever we need to do...just can't go to the airport though.:whistle:

tigger

Medic.
In Memorial
Like the idea zout i would be willing to donate some cash for that! Just a thought from someone that worked for the gov. they might get a little ( lot) excited about seeing a big military truck pulling into the airport!!!!!!!!:whistle:

papabear

GA Mafia Imperial 1SG
On a different topic, we have the flagpole issue resolved in the true CAMO fashion...tried it out today at the POW/MIA Memorial.

I would post pics but like the knucklehead I am...I left the camera at the compound!!:roll::roll:

The attached picture is of my buddy and the snake that he killed outside his house near Statesboro, GA. That was last night and he said that it was the second one he had killed this week. In case you are wondering, that is a canebrake rattlesnake.
My buddy caught another one last night. Statesboro really isn't all that far from the rally. Hopefully they don't have a snake problem.

Attachments

MDSA

M37 got primped and preened for the rally today. No, she didn't get washed and waxed. Why bother, with all that orange Georgia clay wanting to stick to her. She got new oil, new grease, new lube, new points and condenser. (How often do you here points and condenser these days?). The dually is now ready as well. Next weekend the trailer gets some attention, and we be ready.

Status
Not open for further replies.