• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Official 2012 SS Ga Rally Info thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
I bet he didn't go looking for a rattlesnake in flip flops.

If he did, he's in the wrong business.:-D
He claims the he wasn't actually "looking" for any of those. I tell though, that dude is country crazy. When we were in grade school during recess he knocked a bird out of a pretty dang tall tree with a rock that he threw. We were all amazed but he acted as if it were a daily occurrence. Too bad he doesn't own a MV. He is the type that should be in this hobby.

Last edited:

clinto

Moderator, wonderful human being & practicing Deuc
Staff member
Administrator
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Supporting Vendor
What are the guesses on number of trucks and or attendees for this year?
Never gotten a good headcount, but last year we had 86 trucks and estimated 3-400 people.

I don't think 100 trucks and 500 people is out of the question this year.

wreckerman893

Possum Connoisseur
What are the guesses on number of trucks and or attendees for this year?
I think Clinto's stated goal was 100 trucks (we had around 80 last year) and 300 people.

EDIT.

I stand corrupted....Clinto hit the button before I did.

Maybe we should have a sign in roster and get an accurate account of who came and what they brought with them.

Last edited:
Clinto, the guy needing a ride from the airport is landing on Wednesday, right? I was planning on getting to the rally on Thursday but if he can't get a ride on Wednesday then he is more than welcome to crash at my place Wednesday night. I live only live about 18 miles from Hartsfield. Hopefully he can help me load up some firewood Thursday morning. If that doesn't suit him then I can see about requesting another day off work so I can pick him up on Wednesday but I will have to slide that one by the wife since that will mean one less day off during the holidays. If the guy is a vet though, I'll do it without question and the wife will be on board as well.

EMD567

Driver for the Ga Mafia
Steel Soldiers Supporter
:mrgreen::jumpin::cookoo:Clinto, I think I have check in duty with Phil from Fla, wednesday morning. I think we need to volunteer Ferro also for check in duty- or maybe even KP!

Ferroequinologist

Resident railroad expert
Steel Soldiers Supporter
I'm a squid, KP doesn't phase me. I'd do check in, but all I would do is hand someone a couple of pages out of the M543 TM, a bag of tools and parts, and point.

clinto

Staff member
Administrator
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Supporting Vendor

swiss

Steel Soldiers Supporter
still no pick up from Atlanta ?
Westech sorry for all the confusion on this. I am still Soldier B and backup as necessary.

Those of you that said you could help, will somebody please state YES I can do it and I will be backup as stated earlier.

Westech, You may have to reach out to the individuals in the various posts that Clinto provided if nobody says yes and see if you can get a firm commitment.

If all else fails I will take Soldier A position.

Recovry4x4

LLM/Member 785
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
I would have liked to help but up until today, I had no idea who we were picking up. As it stands now, I may not make the rally. There is one day my employer has denied me leave. If that can't be resolved, I'm screwed. Work is such a huge inconvenience.

clinto

Staff member
Administrator
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Supporting Vendor
I would have liked to help but up until today, I had no idea who we were picking up. As it stands now, I may not make the rally. There is one day my employer has denied me leave. If that can't be resolved, I'm screwed. Work is such a huge inconvenience.

Please forward me your supervisors #. I simply can not stand for this. I will exert some command authority.

You're the "inner circle"! 5 years of continuous attendance!

Status
Not open for further replies.
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks