• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Official 2012 SS Ga Rally Info thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

EMD567

Driver for the Ga Mafia
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Maybe we could call Papa Bear, and send the Proud down to Fla to get Kenny's point across.........:mrgreen::cookoo:

doghead

4 Star General /Moderator
Staff member
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
I would have liked to help but up until today, I had no idea who we were picking up. As it stands now, I may not make the rally. There is one day my employer has denied me leave. If that can't be resolved, I'm screwed. Work is such a huge inconvenience.

Can't you just call in sick, that one day?

Recovry4x4

LLM/Member 785
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
6000 person agency and I can't get this one day off. I will do my best to work around this. Sick? Maybe but look at this and tell me what you would do as my employer. Vaca, vaca, day off, day off, day off, sick, vaca. On the other hand if you look at if from my view point;
off, off, off, off,off, you want me to work and off.

doghead

4 Star General /Moderator
Staff member
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Yeah, I'm split on, if I would really do it too. But, I have no idea what you've tried(or done) in the past.

Sure would suck, if you get the day in question off, and then did actually get sick! Then what do you do?

EMD567

Driver for the Ga Mafia
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Puke on the bosses shoes. Guaranteed to get you the day off(ask me how I know).

Tow4

Steel Soldiers Supporter
6000 person agency and I can't get this one day off. I will do my best to work around this. Sick? Maybe but look at this and tell me what you would do as my employer. Vaca, vaca, day off, day off, day off, sick, vaca. On the other hand if you look at if from my view point;
off, off, off, off,off, you want me to work and off.
You need to find a way to get "Administrative Leave". Short of shooting someone; unless they need shooting...... :whistle:

Recovry4x4

LLM/Member 785
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
PB - coming into that field and headed down the left side toward that A frame thingy Ron is going to camp in - the last 2 power & water RV outlets on that side are 11 & 12 - these two are PAID IN FULL from the 7th to the 14th for Deb and I and CAMO group. That back circle area is a great area to stay out of the way - and give enough room for turn around for CAMO gear coming in in usual display as they do.

We should have a van there with a trailer with Debs M38A1 in tow for parking area as well. - folks that tent camp'd around Neil - and us last year back in behind us to stay safe - great area to do so (just saying) - Neil if ya need power and water you might want to get slot 10. If you have your reducer plug to drop from 50 to 30 would work great - or you can borrow ours.
I've got B8 and B9 for the MKT setup, and Joe Trapp has B7 near the entrance.
Who is camped in spots B-9 and B-11?? I want to know who my neighbors are!
Looks like your right in the taint section between the fish fry and the porta potty.

Streamline

Steel Soldiers Supporter
I know this has probably been asked or mentioned but Im going to ask anyway. When would one of the Wrecker Trucks be set up to help with unloading? I have a large item im needing to bring down and was thinking about maybe bringing it early.

73m819

Rock = older than dirt , GA. MAFIA , Dirty
Steel Soldiers Supporter
In Memorial
WELL the plan is that the 819 AND the 62 will be there the SAT or SUN before, BUT we all know how plans tend to change to new plans, then to another plan all together.

AMGeneral

WELL the plan is that the 819 AND the 62 will be there the SAT or SUN before, BUT we all know how plans tend to change to new plans, then to another plan all together.
Ron,you and swiss are gonna let me run each one at least once right?

I will be bringing mtnrebel along with me,I think this will be his first official SS rally attendance.

Recovry4x4

LLM/Member 785
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Folks, something just came to my mind and wanted a little input. I will be at the entrance to the field making name tags for all that enter. As we wander around the field we sometimes cross paths and sometimes not. I was thinking that we might should think about hanging a little sign of some sorts at our AOs so that folks know when they have arrived at a spot where they may be picking something up they prepayed for or selling something. The nametags go a long way but tags for the sites might be nice. As of this years move, we no longer know folks normal spots. Also, try to be patient with me at registration, I'm going to try to keep a file of all the tags I make. Might take me a spell to get fluid in my operation. If you think about it, make a little sign and toss it in with your stuff as you pack.

Edit; working out some nametags!

Attachments

Last edited:

Ferroequinologist

Resident railroad expert
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Everyone will know my AO, just look for the wrecker in 100 pieces!

Good idea Kenny, I have a hard time finding peoples locations as well when going to drop off or buy something prearranged.

phil2968

I hope folks know to put the sign in the name they use on here instead of their real name. It might say Joe. If you didn't know that Sandcobra is Joe you might miss him.

Status
Not open for further replies.
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks