• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Official 2012 SS Ga Rally Info thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
"Green Iron Laughing Academy:cookoo:" is the intellectual property of Wreckerman893 and may not be reproduced or used without the express written permission of the copywrite owner.:p
I think you would trademark that. [thumbzup]

All joking aside though, that phrase doesn't appear to have an existing US trademark registered against it. You can file for about $200 if you do the paperwork yourself. You also have to show that the name is commercially viable after some period of time. Basically you have to show that the name made you money / brought you business.

Attachments

Last edited:

EMD567

Driver for the Ga Mafia
Steel Soldiers Supporter
I need someone to bring a post hole digger or an auger so we can put up our dry erase board. Preferably one of you early arrivals.
I'll throw mine in the bed of the 814.
And I know how to use a post hole digger.

wreckerman893

Possum Connoisseur
All joking aside though, that phrase doesn't appear to have an existing US trademark registered against it. You can file for about $200 if you do the paperwork yourself. You also have to show that the name is commercially viable after some period of time. Basically you have to show that the name made you money / brought you business.
Intellectual property does not have to be trademarked to protect the author from plagerism(logos and such do)....it is automatically copywrited when it is published in your name or a AKA name.

Published does not necessarlly mean published in a magazine, book or other printed format. It can be published in cyberspace and the author is still protected by a copywrite.

If you write something and email it to yourself you have a proof of ownership since the email will be time stamped on your computer.

Most of what I have had published was either copywrited by the government (military publications) or a magazine I used to freelance to.

When they (the magazine) bought the stories I gave them ownership and they could do with them what they wanted to.

Intellectual property does not have to be trademarked to protect the author from plagerism(logos and such do)....it is automatically copywrited when it is published in your name or a AKA name.

Published does not necessarlly mean published in a magazine, book or other printed format. It can be published in cyberspace and the author is still protected by a copywrite.

If you write something and email it to yourself you have a proof of ownership since the email will be time stamped on your computer.

Most of what I have had published was either copywrited by the government (military publications) or a magazine I used to freelance to.

When they (the magazine) bought the stories I gave them ownership and they could do with them what they wanted to.
I was just trying to help. Respectfully, by that vane of logic nothing would ever need to be trademarked.

Enough chit on that though. Back to SSGR specific topics.

Westech

CPL
Well to rent a car is 460 bucks... Yeah I checked a few times. So that not going to fly.
Do we have a yes on a pick up? Need to know so I can stop my flight in to Ohio.
0900 at Atlanta on the 10th

thanks dudes

Well to rent a car is 460 bucks... Yeah I checked a few times. So that not going to fly.

thanks dudes
So...... You are the mystery pickup. :beer: Recently, when I realized that you still needed a ride, I tried to take an additional day off of work but I was shot down because our biggest tradeshow/conference/sales opportunity, is the week after the rally and it is all hands on deck for that preparation.

Anyway, I live only 18 miles from Hartsfield so if you need a place to crash, catch a cab to my house (I'll hide a key for you). Make yourself at home. Watch whatever you like in the theater. Come Wednesday night or Thursday morning we'll load up in the A3 and take off to Durhamtown.

Hopefully someone can offer you a better/faster option than mine but if not then come on.

michigandon

thanks dudes
If you can get a flight into RDU you can hitch a ride down the rest of the way with me.

I was hoping to leave on the 9th, but that's not "set in stone" either.

Just thought I'd throw the option out there.

zout

Get Debs jeep fuel pressure adjusted today - run around the subdivision a little more with it - load it on the trailer (see if she will let me mount you know what to bring to the rally on it).
PB has graciously worked out arrangements to get the 43 to the rally as well :beer: - have a lot more stuff for display for it since it was there last year - looking really great for a show piece for displays and parades.

SO it looks like 3 for the count Clinto.

I am soooooo ready

Attachments

sandcobra164

has anyone checked "Proud Americans" hood latches or are we still leaving that as part of the Driver PMCS? Just chiming in, ready to go and "You Dang right, I'm going to check them!!!" I don't care what Soldier A and B say, she will get a proper PMCS this go around even if they assure me it's been done already!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks