• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Official 2012 SS Ga Rally Info thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

SCSG-G4

PSVB 3003
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Spot 65 has a permanent camper mounted on it, and I try to reserve the two closest to that side for the MKT - I got 63 and 64 last year. The ones on the other side are indeed 50 amp spots. They not only cost more, but you will have to have a 50 amp RV plug to get anything at all out of them (50 A, 240 V, four wire - two hots, neutral and ground - supposed to be 50 A on each leg).

Several others are just getting their own RV spot further down in the area to park in, then come into the compound for activities.

Recovry4x4

LLM/Member 785
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Spot 65 has a permanent camper mounted on it, and I try to reserve the two closest to that side for the MKT - I got 63 and 64 last year. The ones on the other side are indeed 50 amp spots. They not only cost more, but you will have to have a 50 amp RV plug to get anything at all out of them (50 A, 240 V, four wire - two hots, neutral and ground - supposed to be 50 A on each leg).

Several others are just getting their own RV spot further down in the area to park in, then come into the compound for activities.
Sleeping away from the main area may not be a bad thing. Many folks stay up until just before sunrise and the feller with a limp is loud.

Blythewoodjoe

I just reserved spot 64. If you guys get 63 we can use the power from both. That will save you guys a little money and as long as I can park there at night I will be good. I got 64 for Thursday night until Sunday morning. I wasn't sure what everybodys plans where and I thought it was you all that had 65. Let me know what your thoughts are. I just wanted to get a spot that would let me pull a cord up for more power if we needed it. I don't mind changes my spot either if you guys want. I just didn't want to loose the chance to get a spot close to the rally.

Joe

Blythewoodjoe

I'll throw this out for everyone to think about (and by everyone, I mean the couple of you that make the decissions). If someone will rent spot 77 (I can if need be) and if we can get permission from DP, I can erect an arch that we can run the 50 amp and a water line over. Just a thought. A lot of if's there.

SCSG-G4

PSVB 3003
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Joe,
I have 150 ft of heavy cable (six 25 ft lengths) of 4ga, with three hots and a neutral, plus ground (made of four 12 ga lines). It's meant for three phase power, but will work if we only energize two. I also have the power distribution box it feeds into. Only kink is that all the output connectors are the locking variety (L5-20 and L5-30). It will take something sturdy to elevate the cable as it's not comfortable to carry more than one length at a time.

Attachments

73m819

Rock = older than dirt , GA. MAFIA , Dirty
Steel Soldiers Supporter
In Memorial
If anyone from SW Ga (Albany area) would like to attend and drive a Deuce for me, I'm taking applications. I plan on driving my CUCV to Columbus put on a trailer and taking PB's Proud American Gun Truck again this year. I only wonder what mark I will leave on this truck THIS go around. aua 2010 GA Rally, I rub a white fence that left a small mark on the passenger side of the front bumper. 2011 GA Rally, I didn't inspect the hood latches to ensure they were secured (they weren't) and had the hood fly up into the windshield leaving a slight crease in the hood. I may be fired from Gun Truck duty if I mess something else up but I certainly hope not!!!
Fired was not the exact word TONY used .

jw4x4

I'll throw this out for everyone to think about (and by everyone, I mean the couple of you that make the decissions). If someone will rent spot 77 (I can if need be) and if we can get permission from DP, I can erect an arch that we can run the 50 amp and a water line over. Just a thought. A lot of if's there.
I know you can build an arch TALL enough.

doghead

4 Star General /Moderator
Staff member
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
We just booked 5 nights at Durhamtown.

Don't wait 'til the last minute to reserve lodging!

3dAngus

Just reserved DP7. No picture. Not sure what it looks like but it was closer to the SS grounds.
Not confirmed yet. Hope their website for reservations is up to date.

Recovry4x4

LLM/Member 785
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Alright, Clinto was visiting at Durhamtown and wants to know which one of you clowns already set up your camper? I don't recognize the face but the boots look familiar.

Attachments

Status
Not open for further replies.