• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Official 2012 SS Ga Rally Info thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

3dAngus

As it stands at the end of today and all its thrilled pack events and findings - I highly doubt at this time if either Deb or I will be able to attend this years rally.

We have greatly appreciated the scouting and keeping the campers in mind and this does not pass us by lightly with this type of consideration.

I choose not to expand on this - and also I may not be on SS for a while - it has nothing to do with anything here - so let me make that perfectly clear.

I have only informed one person and for me one person was more than I wish to in the first place of something that resolves around having to make this decision and yes this early on.

If at all that things can work out with just us being able to work out the issues confronting us (no not marital either ya knuckleheads) that will be the first choice on our lists to head to. But I may be forced to use my available vacation days for other things not of my choosing and that will make a final impact on our decision.
Please do not be "prying around" to be enlightend - if I can personally work this out I will.

Yes - I will pass on cherries so at least they can make it.
Uhhh, and I so looked forward to "formally" meeting you this year at the Ga. Rally. I have always enjoyed your threads and good deeds, posts and commentaries, but only seen you from the back while slaving over a grill at a former rally, and not even knowing it was you until later. Your food is fabulous, your commentary genuine and always of interest, and your friendship desireable. Be well my friend, though we have never met, I feel I know something of you, and you are a good man for sure. So give Deb a big hug for us all and take care of yourself. Maybe next year, if not this one.

wilfreeman

I couldn't have said it better myself! Same goes for me, word for word, as this will be my first GA rally and am looking forward to meeting everyone here. As always, good luck in all your endeavors!

EMD567

Driver for the Ga Mafia
Steel Soldiers Supporter
I will still "mark a spot" for your 109 Dave. If ya come, ya come, if don't, well, ****, we will miss you. Stay strong.

Heavysteven

Congradulations Clino you made the Durhamtown email news letter. Moving up in the world.

Durhamtown Updates
Labor Day Weekend

Poker Run: $2000 in Prize Giveaways plus 100% $$$$ payback the event will include shooting pistol –rifle- pool table- corn hole- horseshoes all of these can win extra bonus cards!!!! Saturday 9am-4:30pm

FISHING TOURNAMENT: Sunday evening 100% payback $5 entry

Big Don Band Saturday Night on the Pro Shop Deck: 9pm

Largest Pro Shop sale of the Year!! Our already discounted prices will be discounted even more! Many items at 30-40-50-60% off retail!! I just returned from the 2013 dealer shows and have to make a lot of room! Lots of atv-bike tires on sale!

Super X Series: Side by Side Racing at its best! October 13th Register in Person

Military Vehicle Rally: October 12th - 14th
This is the annual event where you can see Army/Military Vehicles at their best performances in the Jeep Parks and trails.

September 27th-30th: Matanzas Jeep Club is hosting the 4th Annual Wheelers for the Wounded: "Fall Crawl"
Bring your Jeep Club or your 4x4 and do some wheelin with us for a great cause!

Speddmon

Blind squirrel rehabiltator
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
GREAT...now we'll be over run by the dreaded "Southern Rubber-necker" for the weekend. I'm not a huge fan of having all of the atv's and such blowing up the dust in camp while the look around.

Recovry4x4

LLM/Member 785
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
GREAT...now we'll be over run by the dreaded "Southern Rubber-necker" for the weekend. I'm not a huge fan of having all of the atv's and such blowing up the dust in camp while the look around.
In light of your astute observation, perhaps we can use Wed and Thus for good before the commoners come calling.

tigger

Medic.
In Memorial
Dave it wont be the same with out you and Deb. but I also understand you didn't make the decition lightly. if you need any thing just call. you and Deb have been like family to me. God bless!

Does Durhamtown have a truck wash or a pressure washer? I might bring mine if they don't. Always good to blast the mud out from the brakes, rims, ......., before hitting the road to come home.

jw4x4

They do have pressure wash racks for the quads, bikes, and trail rigs. don't know if anyone has taken any MV's to the rack. There are signs posted all over D'town forbidding any washing of vehicles in camp areas.

clinto

Moderator, wonderful human being & practicing Deuc
Staff member
Administrator
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Supporting Vendor
Nope it is $15 a night for primitave camping. just show up and pay the fee and enjoy!

I think it's actually $15 a night for 3 people, so it wohrks out to $5 a person per night. Check their website to be sure.

Primitive campers do not need reservations.

Does Durhamtown have a truck wash or a pressure washer? I might bring mine if they don't. Always good to blast the mud out from the brakes, rims, ......., before hitting the road to come home.
They have pressure washer areas, I think they are more for atv's. I don't think any of us have tried them.

Status
Not open for further replies.
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks