• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Official 2012 SS Ga Rally Info thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

tigger

Medic.
In Memorial
Think that 814 would have been sold it was a PIA just watchin him climb in it besides even getting to the point he was goijng to move it :doghead:

Then it became even more painful.
EH - think about trading that BASOB for a 37 - something you can steer ???

Nice pic TIgger - way to go - did you show them pics of you last buried up to your eyeballs at the rally in it - did not look so PRETTY and sissified then - hahaha
I resemble that! I will pry get it muddy if mud is avalible but would rather not test the snorkle if I can help it! my seat was wet the rest of the week!

tigger

Medic.
In Memorial
A friend gave me a cheep little dash cam. want to see if i can recored a trail ride. and posable the hardball! If i can figure out how to make this china thing work!

Tow4

Steel Soldiers Supporter
I hope it has real good brakes......that cow pasture is short.:shock:
He's getting air dropped on a pallet....[thumbzup]

I hope the air drop coupling works so the 'chute opens..... I worked for a co. about 20 years ago that produced them; there were some failures. :whistle:

73m819

Rock = older than dirt , GA. MAFIA , Dirty
Steel Soldiers Supporter
In Memorial
Well It looks about 75% sure the m62 will be there, I rebuilt the trans and installed, everything hooked up, we took it for a test run this evening, now tacks to 2800, NO VIBERATION [thumbzup],now need to get some lights, My gear cover is here, the new seals, front motor mount inserts, cover gasket will be here tomorrow, should have the motor sitting in the front motor mount by Sat., then need to build a exhaust and rad. mounts, reseal the wp, so it looks like the 819 is on the road to up also [thumbzup]

papabear

GA Mafia Imperial 1SG
Well It looks about 75% sure the m62 will be there, I rebuilt the trans and installed, everything hooked up, we took it for a test run this evening, now tacks to 2800, NO VIBERATION [thumbzup],now need to get some lights, My gear cover is here, the new seals, front motor mount inserts, cover gasket will be here tomorrow, should have the motor sitting in the front motor mount by Sat., then need to build a exhaust and rad. mounts, reseal the wp, so it looks like the 819 is on the road to up also [thumbzup]
Outstanding Ron!!:grin:

Guess we gotta cross ya off the CAMO driver list but I'm proud of you and all your hard work.[thumbzup]

Now...if ya can keep the M819 on the ground, maybe you can get her there this year:whistle::driver:

Recovry4x4

LLM/Member 785
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
19 page thread depending on your settings. Welcome aboard. Pack your mobility bag, theres comming a rally.

Whiterabbit

Whoooo Hooooo! I had my leave approved and the Rover is finally painted! ROAD TRIP!
First timer here and bringing the wife so be gentle! :p 3+hr road trip from Sav. taking the back roads up thursday so it should be fun.
Guess I need to duct tape the holes in the tent for her. I was gonn'a poncho tent it, but for some reason women like to sleep in tents! What's up with that???? LOL!
Is there a gas station nearby 'cause I'll be running on empty by the time I get there?
Thanks!

clinto

Moderator, wonderful human being & practicing Deuc
Staff member
Administrator
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Supporting Vendor
Whoooo Hooooo! I had my leave approved and the Rover is finally painted! ROAD TRIP!
First timer here and bringing the wife so be gentle! :p 3+hr road trip from Sav. taking the back roads up thursday so it should be fun.
Guess I need to duct tape the holes in the tent for her. I was gonn'a poncho tent it, but for some reason women like to sleep in tents! What's up with that???? LOL!
Is there a gas station nearby 'cause I'll be running on empty by the time I get there?
Thanks!

Glad you can make it and you can bring your Rover. Hopefully Jon will have his Rover there too.

There are several gas stations within 5-10 miles of Durhamtown. You will pass several on the way in.

D-town has gas (not sure about diesel) but it ain't cheap.

EMD567

Driver for the Ga Mafia
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Thanks!
No, there is not gas close to the rally site. The closest cheap gas is along I-20. Here are the exit numbers, west to east.

Exit 114, Madison
Exit 130, Greensboro
Exit 138, Union Point
Exit 172, Thompson
There are gas stations in Union Point proper, but they are still 10 miles from the rally, and more expensive then along the interstate, so plan accordingly. :mrgreen::jumpin:

Status
Not open for further replies.