• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Official 2012 SS Ga Rally Info thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

zout

I have full pics around page 63 in there of the grounds - the range is not pretty or state of the art - but its a place to hail lead downrange and have some fune. Skeet and trap is dark ages style - do not expect anything fancy as I have seen it - but again its a place to have another style of FUN

poppop

jinxkat, the peanut festaval was the best ever. The weather was cooler for a change. The crowds stayed all day and were the largest ever.

There is no specific tent area. You just pick a spot you like and pitch it. The new area is a lot larger so you will have lots of choices. When are you heading up. Myself and bob130ab will be leaving wednesday morning. I assume you will take I-16??

Makincold

Wrecker assistance with M66 ????

If all goes as planned I'll have the cab plate and legs for my M66 ring mount on this weekend.
If I bring the ring can someone with a wrecker use the boom to lift the ring into place?
I arrive sometime Thursday and leave Sunday
Thanks!

Recovry4x4

LLM/Member 785
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
jinxkat, the peanut festaval was the best ever. The weather was cooler for a change. The crowds stayed all day and were the largest ever.

There is no specific tent area. You just pick a spot you like and pitch it. The new area is a lot larger so you will have lots of choices. When are you heading up. Myself and bob130ab will be leaving wednesday morning. I assume you will take I-16??
I may be pulling up the rear Lloyd. Might be on I16 Wed myself.

Whiterabbit

Going to run the back roads. HW17/80 up on Thursday Morn. The old Landie tops out at 55mph and it sounds like the engine/trans is gonn'a come apart at Interstate speeds. Geared way too low to safely run the interstate.:sad: It's cool though, I've been to East Tn. twice using backroads and enjoyed the scenery. (Just got back last week)
As long as I can find a high flat spot with shade trees to stretch a tarp and pitch a lil' tent I'm golden!

Recovry4x4

LLM/Member 785
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Since I'm leaving Tuesday night I'm going to run up I95 and run past your exit. Just don't know what time.

poppop

Keep me posted on expected times. My plan is to try and leave around ten. I am only 4 miles off the interstate if you need a rest break.

EMD567

Driver for the Ga Mafia
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Uh oh, I better start packing earlier now! I am thinking about coming down a day or two earlier (Wed. or Thurs.) - depending on whether wifey will agree to drive down by herself (and my daughter) on Friday afternoon or not. Do you think it would be a problem for me to park the Expedition, trailer and Jeep at the rally site for a night or two - and sleep in the Expedition? I'll be moving to the rented camper up the road on Friday.
No problem, plenty of room.

EMD567

Driver for the Ga Mafia
Steel Soldiers Supporter
I have finally turned on the 'puter, and am glad to report that I made it to DT at 1630 friday. Ron and Swiss brought the wreckers about 0830, and Trigger came in at 1230. Life is good, weather is great, hurry up and join the fun.......:p

3dAngus

I have finally turned on the 'puter, and am glad to report that I made it to DT at 1630 friday. Ron and Swiss brought the wreckers about 0830, and Trigger came in at 1230. Life is good, weather is great, hurry up and join the fun.......:p
Is there a wireless internet connection out there? Does it reach the site?

If so, is it free or pay for service?

Or do you have to have a smart phone? I'm assuming cell phones work.

doghead

4 Star General /Moderator
Staff member
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
I'm bringin' my wifey with me! 2cents

doghead

4 Star General /Moderator
Staff member
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Yup,aua

edit, I mean, Yeah! :D

Last edited:

zout

Attention ye all - attention

Georgia Rally has not gotten small unless you ain;t here then to say its smaller and getting smaller is a total mis-statement - guess you would have to be here to make that kind of statement.

Angus - see me for payment when you get here to get WIFI - spent way too much money here already and its only:

Ron
John
Tigger
Zout 1
Zout 2
Maggie (4leg)
Sadie (also 4 leg)
the last two mutts beat all the rest of ya mutts here.

ITs 6:13 and totally peaceful - sun going down - signs are up after Clinto came and gone - we got your back C.

5 trucks - two jeeps - two dogs - I would post pics but I have to download a software for my cell to do this - I may do it - I may not.

Adam not here - Morgans not here - its about time for cherries and bon fire.

Status
Not open for further replies.
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks