• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Official 2016 Ga. Military Vehicle Rally info thread. Oct. 19-23, 2016

Status
Not open for further replies.

pctrans

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Finally got the green light to make the trip. BUT, I am told by the DT office, there are no more camping spots available. If anyone has cancelled, or you know of any available sites, please PM me. Thanx, Pete.

papabear

GA Mafia Imperial 1SG
Finally got the green light to make the trip. BUT, I am told by the DT office, there are no more camping spots available. If anyone has cancelled, or you know of any available sites, please PM me. Thanx, Pete.
We can prolly squeeze you in at our spot some way Pete. We'll figure something out.:driver:

clinto

Moderator, wonderful human being & practicing Deuc
Staff member
Administrator
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Supporting Vendor
I want to clarify Pete's statement for new attendees who aren't familiar with the rally.

The field where we hold the rally has about a dozen camper spots that have power, water and sanitation hookups. As you can imagine, a rally with 500+ people sells out of these few camper spots quickly.

There is no shortage of "primitive camping" spots-so if you're planning on crashing in your tent, your truck, etc.,, there's plenty of room. There just aren't any spots with power or water left to rent.

73m819

Rock = older than dirt , GA. MAFIA , Dirty
Steel Soldiers Supporter
In Memorial
Does anybody know if my hooch is still standing and has there been any damage to my hooch smoke stack?

clinto

Staff member
Administrator
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Supporting Vendor
Does anybody know if my hooch is still standing and has there been any damage to my hooch smoke stack?
Either I or Dave will be going out there for the pre-rally recon, I'll try to remember to check it. It was still there a few months ago.

SCSG-G4

PSVB 3003
Steel Soldiers Supporter
For the last few years we have offered folks charging capability at the Georgia Mafia Headquarters camper. We even have a pretty extensive line of chargers available but of course it best if you have your own.

Just throwing it out there in case anyone needs it.:papabear:
And I. should be bringing 'Medusa" again this year and about 30 micro USB cords (but no Apple-to-USB cords - they are three to four times the price of 'standard' cords - bring your own). Medusa has places to plug in up to 40 standard USB cords while only using a single 115V 15 amp electrical outlet. 40 phones on one outlet is much more efficient than finding 40 outlets to plug in a charger into.

swbradley1

Modertator
Staff member
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
I can't make it to the rally but if there's a way to buy a shirt or two and get them shipped to AZ I'd be all over that.:jumpin:
Send Clinto the money for the shirts and I'll ship them to you no charge.

(We found the reason my Brother's Deutz diesel stopped running. It sheared off all 6 flywheel bolts. ) :-(

Rmtaunton

Message to Mark ,

Let's do some trails , gonna have the 53 m606 or cj 3b this year she is on last leg ....

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

papabear

GA Mafia Imperial 1SG
19 days and a wakeup and the Georgia Mafia/CAMO Crew will be enroute!:-D

I REALLY need some down time and good fellowship with some good Americans.:papabear:

clinto

Staff member
Administrator
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Supporting Vendor

TMNT

Michael and I are planning to be there. Haven't missed one since our first one in 2011. Started getting the truck ready to go with new front boots (again). I'm not sure how early we can be there. Michael wants to be there all week but I'm not sure I have it in me to camp all week again. Especially if it stays warm like the past couple of years. Looking forward to seeing everyone again.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Status
Not open for further replies.
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks