• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Official 2016 Ga. Military Vehicle Rally info thread. Oct. 19-23, 2016

Status
Not open for further replies.

Recovry4x4

LLM/Member 785
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Last minute planners, I was on the Durhamtown website the other day and there is some lodging still available. If you need lodging, now is probably a good time to secure it.

DavidWymore

My brother and I are thinking about flying in from out West on the cheap and sleeping in the dirt, first Rally.
Recommendations/ideas/free rides from the airport? :-D

Here we are with our dad a few years ago...it's in our blood.

13099064_497260010473196_1909395196_n_002.jpg

Another Ahab

My brother and I are thinking about flying in from out West on the cheap and sleeping in the dirt, first Rally.
Recommendations/ideas/free rides from the airport?

View attachment 643673
A mud mattress? Must be former U.S. Army; no self-respecting USN personnel would stoop that low.

Well, there is the USMC...but then you know the Marines; we love 'em, but they're all of them just the littlest bit suspect.:naner::mrgreen:

Last edited:

Tinwoodsman

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Don't know of any free transportation. You may want to check with Groome Limo but they would not take you the whole way. Rental car is you best option. The GA Rally is worth the cost and then some. Hope to see you there.

73m819

Rock = older than dirt , GA. MAFIA , Dirty
Steel Soldiers Supporter
In Memorial

View attachment 643673
Finding a place to sleep never is a problem, there is always someone that has extra space, you could get LUCKY and share either the Gimps or Wreckermans quarters.

Ferroequinologist

Resident railroad expert
Steel Soldiers Supporter

View attachment 643673
Depends on when you get in to Hotlanta. Members trickle in from that direction usually starting midweek. If you fly in sooner, I will personally make sure you get to the rally. Return transportation would have to be arranged however..

microjeep

In Memorial
In Memorial
If you go to rental car route I strongly recommend the insurance they have some awesome trails at Durhamtown and we would hate for you to have to set them out. I could offer a couple cots and a tent, someone should have a couple bags you can use? As for the trails I'm sure someone will have an open seat.

clinto

Moderator, wonderful human being & practicing Deuc
Staff member
Administrator
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Supporting Vendor

View attachment 643673
I like that truck, really cool. Early USAF gasser.

If you come to the rally, I am sure we can find somebody to pick you up at the airport. We'll make sure you have a good time.

Recovry4x4

LLM/Member 785
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
If you go to rental car route I strongly recommend the insurance they have some awesome trails at Durhamtown and we would hate for you to have to set them out. I could offer a couple cots and a tent, someone should have a couple bags you can use? As for the trails I'm sure someone will have an open seat.
I can scare up some sleep systems to go with the ten and cots. Micro and I should be on site before lunch on Tuesday. If there are other things you prefer to make your stay more enjoyable, let us know.

DavidWymore

All the hospitality is much appreciated! I'm probably gonna come. Brother is still on the fence. I'll be on a semi-tight schedule, probably fly in Weds or Thurs and out Sun/Mon.

EMD567

Driver for the Ga Mafia
Steel Soldiers Supporter
My brother and I are thinking about flying in from out West on the cheap and sleeping in the dirt, first Rally. Recommendations/ideas/free rides from the airport? :-D Here we are with our dad a few years ago...it's in our blood.View attachment 643673
El Centro CA? I have been there. Nice town out in the desert. If push comes to shove, you can always sleep under my M814. Plenty of room, and the truck is so long, you might want to wear two watches, as the ass end is in the central time zone.I am sure somebody has space for you to bunk in.

Another Ahab

El Centro CA? I have been there. Nice town out in the desert. If push comes to shove, you can always sleep under my M814. Plenty of room, and the truck is so long, you might want to wear two watches, as the ass end is in the central time zone.I am sure somebody has space for you to bunk in.
:funny:

clinto

Moderator, wonderful human being & practicing Deuc
Staff member
Administrator
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Supporting Vendor
OK folks, we're a month out. So here are some gentle reminders:

Is your lodging plan set?
Is your vehicle (civvy or military) serviced, safe, reliable and ready to make the trip?
Do you have a food plan (bringing your own, MKT, etc.)?

Looking forward to seeing everyone again!

Status
Not open for further replies.
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks