• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Official 2016 Ga. Military Vehicle Rally info thread. Oct. 19-23, 2016

Status
Not open for further replies.

joeM62

I'll be there in the duce, gonna try and bring some friends to the rally this will be their first one don't know if their driving their 5 tons or not

Last edited:

SCSG-G4

PSVB 3003
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Food will probably increase about a dollar a meal off the MKT. Clint is correct about the up-front costs coming out of our pockets with the hope of recovering it in food and tee shirt sales - last year I was out about $2200 when I arrived on Wednesday, and that does not include the steaks for Saturday night. I'm going to sit down with Blake and see if there is a way he can do the BBQ on Friday night off of the MKT. We will discuss this in depth at the VA Rally over Labor Day. I do have some maintenance to do on the MKT's and on the refrigerators on the pantry truck before October. The maintenance is not a rally expense, just something that has to be done, and everyone who has an MV has similar expenses, which is why it is not a rally expense.

camnite

going to be there Wednesday to very early sunday. if I might make a suggestion, slow the convoy down. a number of the back markers last year were having to go flat out to keep up, leaving large gaps in the line.

zout

Zout 1 will be coming with the CAMO crew & Zout 2 will be trying to get vacation time although she just started this new job back in May this year. If she does I am sure the Smores for the kids at the bon fire will be plentiful.

I'll try to volunteer for something while there and possibly helping Mike get dishes washed...just keep any and all sharp objects away from me...part of my parole thing.

simp5782

Feo, Fuerte y Formal
Supporting Vendor
Would a MEP 005 30kw generator come in handy for extra power? I can prob have it going by then and find something for it to tag along behind

Sent from my SM-G860P using Tapatalk

Recovry4x4

LLM/Member 785
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
We are not having a great time, it's hot. I have 40 hours of work to do each day and the closest White Castle is 900 miles away.

patracy

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
PTO request submitted. I have not decided on what I'll be driving this year. Would like to bring my shelter again, which dictates either the 5 ton or 2.5 ton. (CUCV could do it in a pinch) But I have other vehicles as well. (HMMWV was nice to be able to hop in a make runs to the city easily) Then I need to talk with Adam to see if we might be able to get the M270 down too. (Which would mean 5 ton all the way)

We are not having a great time, it's hot. I have 40 hours of work to do each day and the closest White Castle is 900 miles away.
Isn't retirement great?

clinto

Moderator, wonderful human being & practicing Deuc
Staff member
Administrator
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Supporting Vendor
Going to make every effort to be there
You're in Marietta, man! There are people coming from Uraguay! If they can make it, you and your M37 can. This is going to be the year of M37s.

going to be there Wednesday to very early sunday. if I might make a suggestion, slow the convoy down. a number of the back markers last year were having to go flat out to keep up, leaving large gaps in the line.
I'll add that to the list.

Zout 1 will be coming with the CAMO crew & Zout 2 will be trying to get vacation time although she just started this new job back in May this year. If she does I am sure the Smores for the kids at the bon fire will be plentiful.

I'll try to volunteer for something while there and possibly helping Mike get dishes washed...just keep any and all sharp objects away from me...part of my parole thing.
Honestly, we need more volunteers for the MKT than anything. SCSG has his hands full trying to keep that operation clean and cooking. We also need some people who can help Sunday morning with the takedown of the MKT, the tents, chairs, tables, hand washing stations, MKTs, etc.

Would a MEP 005 30kw generator come in handy for extra power? I can prob have it going by then and find something for it to tag along behind
We've considered this in the past, but the logistics are pretty daunting. Everyone has to have a way to charge cell phones, tablets and laptops and the only power at the rally field is the 12 power and water spots that are rented by people with RVs. Many people charge their phones in their vehicles and the registration tent gets it's power from an RV spot.

I wouldn't tell you not to bring it, just don't be surprised if there isn't an easily workable solution for you to put it to use.

I'm working on getting you some volunteers for the gate
We will take all we can get. The more volunteers we have, the less hours the volunteers have to work, thus giving them more time to enjoy the rally.

PTO request submitted. I have not decided on what I'll be driving this year. Would like to bring my shelter again, which dictates either the 5 ton or 2.5 ton. (CUCV could do it in a pinch) But I have other vehicles as well. (HMMWV was nice to be able to hop in a make runs to the city easily) Then I need to talk with Adam to see if we might be able to get the M270 down too. (Which would mean 5 ton all the way)
Can you bring all of them? Don't you have any friends?

Status
Not open for further replies.
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks