• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Oregon M35A2

Capt.Marion

TM9-2320-209-20-2-1 (Organizational Maintenance Troubleshooting Manual) has the fuel system troubleshooting flowchart in it.

EDIT: Upon further review, there isn't anything useful in this...

Last edited:

moriboy

Thanks Capt. I agree, it seems very possible that it's in the idle circuit. The darn thing runs great other than that. I wonder if a small amount of debris/gunk found it's way into one of those passages?

moriboy

maybe ill try and get a good injector cleaner and run thru it...I really don't think it's mechanical in nature, but it sure has stumped me!
I am looking at the IP tech manual now, im not sure yet how the idle circuit works...

dodgedougak

Steel Soldiers Supporter
It must be catching! Took my M35A2 out today with it's first tank of 30% WMO. I had filtered this WMO with a 1 micron filter and water separator. The truck ran great for three blocks then stopped! Anyhow, don't want to hijack your thread, I will post my own. Good luck with your issue.

goodguyzy

I know that there at least 2 other members in roseburg and im not to far away either. and of course we are all going to the rally Scott. When is the next one by the way?

bigmike

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Your idle issue is a bit puzzling. I'm of the belief it was fine and all of a sudden, it isn't, it must be a simple issue and one where it takes time to wear down.

1) does it start and idle when first started?
2) If not, can you pull the throttle lever out and it will idle then? if so, you could leave the throttle cable out a bit to keep it at idle so you can still drive the truck while continuing to diagnose the situation.

I would then look around the IP and the linkage to see why the throttle cable will keep it idling and the linkage can't.

that's my 2cents. I hope it helps.

AaronW

Wow this thread is getting all the OR guys out of the woodworks. This is great. I foresee a mini rally in OR now;-)
As always.....If they plan it, we will come.

It would be great if more PNW members would fill in the members map. It helps rally planners pick a central site.

.....now back to the thread....

YOUNG GUN

I'd love to meet up with some Oregon guys!
Just out of curiousity, I saw what I believe was a nice 5 ton in inner SE Portland the other day...anyone on here?
It was parked only a few blocks from my business, and I've never seen it around before (maybe seeing my deuce driving by everyday "inspired" someone):beer:
My Deuce is turning into a daily driver, the poor F150 hardly gets driven:-o

red knight

Welcome to the world of deuces. Currently my son-in-law and I have 5 deuces, one is bobbed. I am new at this also. How do we connect? Usually drive ours to the coast and go dune running at Florence in the summer. Have not got stuck yet. Love driving around in the deuce. Let's get together for a mini-cruise in the deuces.

red knight

Welcome to the world of deuces. How do we connect up? My son-in-law and I have 5 deuces, one is bobbed. We usually get together in Florence in the summer to go dune running, have not got stuck yet. Would like to get together for a deuce mini cruise sometime.

Jeepjake

Momentary thread hijack..

It would be great if more PNW members would fill in the members map. It helps rally planners pick a central site.
This is a really great idea, being a newer member myself it would be really cool to have a quick reference of who's around if trouble comes knocking...like I get stuck... :)

I didn't even really know about the map until AaronW mentionend it.

ok /hijack

Moriboy, any luck with your idle issues?

-Jeep

rolling18

Yes yes welcome from se portland!
My truck is in my picture on the left o have a tan top on it now no rock crawler in back..
Im down for a rally! I need some ip mods!
Welcome!!!