• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Oregon M35A2

Jeepjake

A dunes Rally would be really awesome, perhaps in may or June when the coast dries out a bit, I have always been partial to the oreogn dunes down around Coos Bay. (having grown up there) and for the desert types the dunes at Christmas Valley are an interesting challenge.

i had better get the super singles on.... :)

Deuce and Jeep are always ready for some wheeling!
-Jeep

Attachments

moriboy

Thanks for all the input guys. I'll keep this post short, I am typing on my phone.
I found that there is no droop screw in my IP! It is missing. This could be a real problem if out backed out and fell into the pump. I will be tearing into it today. More to come!

ABN173

Congratulations! I was hoping Mike would still have it when I got back from this deployment. I am now on orders for FT Hood TX and looking to purchase one before next September, that way my DITY move can basically pay for the truck.

-Dale

Beerslayer

Steel Soldiers Supporter
It runs really good up and down all rpm ranges. It starts in an instant (as long as you have a little throttle). In order for it to idle, I have to either pull out the hand throttle or screw in the idle adjut screw at the IP, around 3-4 turns.
My M35a2 was exactly like this before I turned up the fuel a turn. Once the fuel was turned up it always starts quickly and without any throttle needed.

Sounds like the droop screw might be the issue though?

I'd love to meet up with some Oregon guys!
Just out of curiousity, I saw what I believe was a nice 5 ton in inner SE Portland the other day...anyone on here?
It was parked only a few blocks from my business, and I've never seen it around before (maybe seeing my deuce driving by everyday "inspired" someone):beer:
My Deuce is turning into a daily driver, the poor F150 hardly gets driven:eek:

That was me. Had lunch at Bocci's. I eat lunch ~all the time at Nosh just down the street, and quite often either my deuce or 5-ton are parked in front.

And, the 5-ton is going to live at my place just east of... Roseburg.

Hope you get the idle sorted out soon, sounds like you are on the right track.

goodguyzy

There is a rally first part of June near Grants Pass, SOMVCC 9Th annual I believe. Its a bunch of old guys with m38's mostly but it would be cool to have some SS members there with some heavy iron, I felt out of place last year with my M35A3. A Oregon rally on the dunes would be most excellent also.

PS these PNW threads always turn into a BS session.

moriboy

Well, I added a droop screw into my pump, and while the low end power is much better, she still just won't hold an idle. I am going to now check valves and injectors. If those seem good, a new pump is on it's way.

rolling18

Portland to Roy Wa. (BRADS PLACE)

Tomorrow Sat. Morn. I'm heading up to brad's place from portland oregon if anyone wants to go?
I need to pick up a part or 2 and have some things done on my duce.. Turn up fuel, up air pressure, Steering wheel, winch operations. Ect ect..
Use up some of my fuel for the winter
it's not supposed to rain so it should be decent!

sponaugle

Glad the poster has an idea what the problem is... and thanks others for reminding me to register on the member map. That is a great use of the google map APIs. Sadly I don't see any other M35s up here in the west hills, even though I see one on Germantown from time to time.

Cheers!

Jeff

moriboy

EUREKA!! I think I finally found the problem...I went ahead and pulled the IP yesterday, and when I took a closer look at it while it was sitting on the bench, I seen what is most likely the problem...Nasty, rusty water in the HH! I'm sure that can't be good. I already bought a new pump so I will put it all back together and see what the results are.
Intrestingly enough, there was water in just one hole (#1 injector).

hwcurtice

EUREKA!! I think I finally found the problem...I went ahead and pulled the IP yesterday, and when I took a closer look at it while it was sitting on the bench, I seen what is most likely the problem...Nasty, rusty water in the HH! I'm sure that can't be good. I already bought a new pump so I will put it all back together and see what the results are.
Intrestingly enough, there was water in just one hole (#1 injector).

Sheesh. How did water get in there? Someone go river wading with that somewhere? J/K, of course...

Nice to see that rig go somewhere before I could get to it... Almost had my kid talked into it...

moriboy

Update...Idle problem fixed (and probably a few others)

After finding some water in the IP, a missing droop screw, and quite a lot of blue silicone around every cover on the original pump, I decided to just replace the thing. I bought one off ebay for $700. Attatched picture was taken about 2 hours before start up. Man, I couldn't be happier! After bleeding the system, it took about 20 seconds of cranking and she came to life, and idled at 800 rpm. If you guys ever attempt replacing the pump, I would certainly take the time to reomve the fender and radiator. It just makes the whole process much simpler.

Attachments

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks