• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

OUT AND ABOUT WITH MY HMMWV

HUMMER H1

You can get really jealous. Here you have to rely on a very few closed-off areas.
You can drive from Southern California all the way to Montana on off road trails without touching an inch of asphalt.
I have personally done all the way to Idaho in my humvee, 12 days of absolute amazing adventure, Palmdale California to Idaho, and it took me 12 days because we were enjoying the trials and camping out near Hot springs.
the only reason I had to get off the trail and enter small towns is to fill up diesel, and that was only 4 times during the trip because I had extra 15 gallons with me.

IMG_3781.jpegIMG_9163.jpegIMG_9162.jpeg

TOBASH

Father, Surgeon, Cantankerous Grouch
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Respectfully, Eric’s post was pretty benign.

Please consider restoring his post.

Reactions: REF

Mogman

Staff member
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Well it is Spring Break so it was a little cool with a chance of rain this morning on the beach.
Save.jpg
And then there was this guy, wish I got a pic of the driver, he matched that old good times van perfectly, grey hair half way down his back and Birkenstocks!
When I first saw him he was standing next to his van with both rear wheels turning :LOL:
I parked down a ways and watched a couple Jeeps try and fail to get him out, BTW I did NOT place the strap on his bumper, if a man I generally hand them the strap and inform him I have no responsibility where it is placed, he no longer has an air dam under his bumper but at least he is no longer stuck:ROFLMAO:
IMG_20240314_082442777.jpg

Milcommoguy

Supporting Vendor
Well it is Spring Break so it was a little cool with a chance of rain this morning on the beach.
View attachment 919017
And then there was this guy, wish I got a pic of the driver, he matched that old good times van perfectly, grey hair half way down his back and Birkenstocks!
When I first saw him he was standing next to his van with both rear wheels turning :LOL:
I parked down a ways and watched a couple Jeeps try and fail to get him out, BTW I did NOT place the strap on his bumper, if a man I generally hand them the strap and inform him I have no responsibility where it is placed, he no longer has an air dam under his bumper but at least he is no longer stuck:ROFLMAO:
View attachment 919018
That's what I tell them too...
"Hook it on the part you want to come out" LOL CAMO

Mogman

Staff member
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Decided to mount up the dummy 50 cal (even though its not finished) and went to the beer distributor. Got quite the attention lol. Also took my son to the park for a bike ride.

View attachment 919060

Edit: and made a new avatar!
IMHO "tooling" around town with an "armed" HMMWV is a bad idea, just my 2 cents worth.

Autonomy_Lost

IMHO "tooling" around town with an "armed" HMMWV is a bad idea, just my 2 cents worth.
I don't do it often, usually only during parades. But when I do, no one is allowed in the turret/touching the gun, which is not loaded, and I'm complying with all state/local/federal laws.

TOBASH

Father, Surgeon, Cantankerous Grouch
Steel Soldiers Supporter
I don't do it often, usually only during parades. But when I do, no one is allowed in the turret/touching the gun, which is not loaded, and I'm complying with all state/local/federal laws.
You’ll change your tune soon enough when some woke antiGun antiNRA Antifa member SWAT’s you thinking you’re carrying live weapons on your roof. I don’t think you want LE to draw down on you thinking that unit is real.

Autonomy_Lost

You’ll change your tune soon enough when some woke antiGun antiNRA Antifa member SWAT’s you thinking you’re carrying live weapons on your roof. I don’t think you want LE to draw down on you thinking that unit is real.
Point taken, but for context: I've done it twice ever outside of parades. It's a small town and many of the cops know me (I do work for local police and fire companies).

Point taken, but for context: I've done it twice ever outside of parades. It's a small town and many of the cops know me (I do work for local police and fire companies).
I think a lot of the above depends all on where you live. I live in a small town and tho it would get a lot of looks it wouldn't be a problem even if they called the cops. Of the times I've been pulled over (and carrying a loaded gun) I always inform the officer of it even tho i'm not required to and only one has had me pull the gun out and set it on top of the vehicle. I think most cops just assume there probably some type of weapon close by.

Mogman

Staff member
Steel Soldiers Supporter
I think a lot of the above depends all on where you live. I live in a small town and tho it would get a lot of looks it wouldn't be a problem even if they called the cops. Of the times I've been pulled over (and carrying a loaded gun) I always inform the officer of it even tho i'm not required to and only one has had me pull the gun out and set it on top of the vehicle. I think most cops just assume there probably some type of weapon close by.
That is interesting, a couple weeks ago I was at an event where a Texas DPS officer gave a talk, he said they do not want you to inform them if you are carrying, he said they just assume everyone is carrying, he said if you inform then the officer has to follow up with an investigation to make sure you are eligible to carry (non felon).
He also said something I did not know, that a handgun cannot be visible in a vehicle unless it is on your person, never too old to learn.
Texas is an open/concealed carry no permit required state :cool:
I stopped to help a guy with his truck on fire the other day and noticed the officer that showed up used his phone to snap a pick of my license plate, presumably to check up on me later, I was open carrying at the time.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks