• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

PA - Spring 2016 Rausch Creek Steel Soldiers Rally

my blood flows OD

I drove the M1010 straight from Rausch Creek to Logan airport to pick up my wife. As we were at the curb, getting the dog settled at her feet, a State Trooper tapped on my window. I rolled down the window so he could speak. "Are you going to leave that like that?", he asked. "Leave what?", was my witty retort. "US Army Official Use Only", he said. Light dawned on Marblehead, as they say in Boston. I told him "We're restoring it." He repeated my comment, and walked away shaking his head.

I know airports are targets for terrorists. I guess it might have been better to pick her up in a different vehicle, but I was running late. I'm far too old to fit the terrorist profile. My wife looks many, many years younger than I, but she also is of a different generation than the terrorist profile. With the dog at her feet, he seemed to quickly judge us as harmless. Idiots perhaps, but harmless idiots.

I'm sure he noted and ran the civilian plates, and pulled up my profile info before tapping on my window. I guess he was just annoyed that I would drive a vehicle like that to the airport, given current security concerns.
He was just letting you know you looked outta place and you were being noticed. It's good to see that they are doing there job.
i deal with the mass state police everyday. It part of my job. I would say 95% of them are good guys that aren't on a power trip. Logan air port is covered by E-troop. From my 13 years of dealing with MSP I would have to say that all the real up tight guys end up in E-troop.

As usual, had a great time. Weather was great Friday and Saturday. Taking a shower outside Saturday night turned out to be a horrible idea. Seems like nobody was having any fun Saturday night into Sunday morning. Eh, ya win some ya lose some. I spent my Sunday fixing my truck for the ride home.

IMG_4917.jpg
Turned out my only carnage was a broken transmission mount, causing the rear of the drivetrain to shift over, allowing the rear driveshaft yoke to contact some other things it shouldn't have.

IMG_4895.jpgIMG_4898.jpgIMG_4900.jpgIMG_4901.jpgIMG_4902.jpgIMG_4905.jpgIMG_4908.jpgIMG_4909.jpgIMG_4916.jpg

Last edited:

jpg

My son is bugging me for video of the ambulance in action. He'd planned to come, but schoolwork took precedence. I failed to capture any video myself. If anyone has footage to share, I'll put it to good use indoctrinating the next generation.

Thanks!

frantik

Jpg...I'm still trying to figure out transferring my gopro file to different sites. I'll look through my videos to see if I caught you. This has been a slow process with the stuff going on at home and work this week!

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks