• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

PA - Spring 2016 Rausch Creek Steel Soldiers Rally

Corvette1974

How are you making out?
Thanks, I am home safely! What a mess. Driveshaft vaporized, parking brake assembly vaporized, spare tire had hole punched into it, fuel tank has huge dent, frame is dented.

I got home last night at 3AM - Note to everyone; A 2000 F350 Mason dump 7.3 ZF6 with a tri-axle trailer can haul a deuce with zero problems.

Does anyone know why the driveshaft/U-joint would fail like that with no warning? I will tell you that the PO literally did no maintenance (the grease fittings were DRY, I put like 10 plus pumps into each joint). I saw lines in the recovered u joint cap that looked like needle bearing wear. I don't want to put a new driveshaft in and have that happen again because of something else...

I hope you guys have a good trip and I will catch you at the next event!

Will

cucvrus

DSCF6563.jpgDSCF6562.jpgDSCF6564.jpgDSCF6555.jpgDSCF6556.jpgDSCF6558.jpgDSCF6557.jpgGood day of wheeling at Rausch Creek. W departed early with a small group of about 8 vehicles. Man was I ever impressed with the CUCV M1010 driver and vehicle. And of course I was very happy with Terminus M1009. Our group all had a great day. No major delays or incidents.

Attachments

Corvette1974

Good day of wheeling at Rausch Creek. W departed early with a small group of about 8 vehicles. Man was I ever impressed with the CUCV M1010 driver and vehicle. And of course I was very happy with Terminus M1009. Our group all had a great day. No major delays or incidents.
Awesome shots! I wish I was there haha it looks really wet. I'll catch you guys the next time around.

Will

cucvrus

DSCF6565.jpgDSCF6573.jpgDSCF6575.jpgDSCF6572.jpgDSCF6571.jpgDSCF6570.jpgDSCF6569.jpgDSCF6568.jpgDSCF6564.jpgDSCF6574.jpgMore FUN at Rausch Creek. I had FUN not sure about everyone. Our smaller group went thru some serious off roading. The M1008 with the shelter. Kept running. It needed the fuel filter drained a few times. It seem it has the auxiliary tap on the fuel tank unplugged and the water when it thru the open line. And it is an M1008 NOT an M1028. 5 Ton trucks are the best recovery vehicles. I was still amazed at the M1010 that JPG was driving. He was a trooper on all the trails. He stayed out of Lake Christy but I can understand that.

cucvrus

DSCF6577.jpgDSCF6583.jpgDSCF6582.jpgDSCF6581.jpgDSCF6580.jpgDSCF6579.jpgDSCF6578.jpgDSCF6576.jpgDSCF6575.jpgDSCF6584.jpgMore fun in the April sun and a few interior cleaning pictures of Terminus M1009. Hey there's a man on my hood. And that 5 ton is real close to scratching my brush guard. Hey that man on the hood is my Son.

cucvrus

DSCF6600.jpgDSCF6597.jpgDSCF6598.jpgDSCF6599.jpgDSCF6602.jpgDSCF6601.jpgI have a lot more pictures. It will not load them. This is to time consuming. I will post them on Facebook. I tried several times. If I load 2 it will kick it back. Then I load 1 at a time and figure out why it don't like to load. I see no pattern to the rejection process. Our group had lots of fun. I think most in our group will be getting together again. If not with the Steel Soldiers in or own group. PM me sometime if you want to go. You only need 2 vehicles to wheel. I have Terminus M1009 at the ready and on stand by. I even have a few new road rash scars on the machine. DSCF6555.jpgThe door fits much better and the handle shape added a new style and flare to the old machine. That will buff right out.

CUCVLOVER

View attachment 615940View attachment 615939View attachment 615938View attachment 615941View attachment 615942View attachment 615943I have a lot more pictures. It will not load them. This is to time consuming. I will post them on Facebook. I tried several times. If I load 2 it will kick it back. Then I load 1 at a time and figure out why it don't like to load. I see no pattern to the rejection process. Our group had lots of fun. I think most in our group will be getting together again. If not with the Steel Soldiers in or own group. PM me sometime if you want to go. You only need 2 vehicles to wheel. I have Terminus M1009 at the ready and on stand by. I even have a few new road rash scars on the machine. View attachment 615944The door fits much better and the handle shape added a new style and flare to the old machine. That will buff right out.
Looks awesome, I'm going to start crying now since I am stuck here on banjo Creek.

Looks like ol' terminus got a new beauty mark lol.

Jakelc15

Arrive at 75°, leave at 25°
We had a good time. My kids loved seeing all the trucks.
Next time I'll have my Jeep and 818 ready for some trails. Nice to meet new people and put faces to names.

jpg

The ambulance made it home. Thanks for all the patience and support shown to this off-road newbie. I learned a lot, and enjoyed meeting folks in person. Truck and driver passed their first off-road test.

shenkmen

Thanks to everyone for a good time.

Definitely an odd weather weekend. It started off with shorts weather on Friday and as many layers you could pile on for Sunday.

frantik wins the long haul award with a 1,400 mile round trip from Illinois. H3 even says he'll do it again.

Lukes_deuce wins the "I'm so needy" award by requiring power steering fluid, a trail side tire change and hunk of scrap metal welded to his dogbone because his bushing took a vaca. (Just kidding, hope to see you again).

I enjoyed meeting new folks and look forward to the fall for the October rally.

Thanks all!

jpg

I drove the M1010 straight from Rausch Creek to Logan airport to pick up my wife. As we were at the curb, getting the dog settled at her feet, a State Trooper tapped on my window. I rolled down the window so he could speak. "Are you going to leave that like that?", he asked. "Leave what?", was my witty retort. "US Army Official Use Only", he said. Light dawned on Marblehead, as they say in Boston. I told him "We're restoring it." He repeated my comment, and walked away shaking his head.

I know airports are targets for terrorists. I guess it might have been better to pick her up in a different vehicle, but I was running late. I'm far too old to fit the terrorist profile. My wife looks many, many years younger than I, but she also is of a different generation than the terrorist profile. With the dog at her feet, he seemed to quickly judge us as harmless. Idiots perhaps, but harmless idiots.

I'm sure he noted and ran the civilian plates, and pulled up my profile info before tapping on my window. I guess he was just annoyed that I would drive a vehicle like that to the airport, given current security concerns.

cucvrus

I shuttle truck drivers all the time to the Harrisburg International Airport here in PA. I drive the Mule or the Crown of Thorns. 2 weeks ago I towed the trailer loaded with wood to the terminal to drop off a driver. They pay $80. cash for the trip and are thankful to get a ride at that price. Taxi cabs are not in my area and coming from Harrisburg and back to the airport they charge $150-$175. I am seldom at the terminal drop point for more then it takes to get them out and take the luggage from the rear. I usually go in the back roads way to get to the airport and then use I 83 and I 81 to get back home. The day with the loaded trailer I went back roads top and from the airport. When I am at the airport I can see the cooling towers of 3 Mile Island. You all remember that?

Lukes_deuce

Thanks to everyone for a good time.

Definitely an odd weather weekend. It started off with shorts weather on Friday and as many layers you could pile on for Sunday.

frantik wins the long haul award with a 1,400 mile round trip from Illinois. H3 even says he'll do it again.

Lukes_deuce wins the "I'm so needy" award by requiring power steering fluid, a trail side tire change and hunk of scrap metal welded to his dogbone because his bushing took a vaca. (Just kidding, hope to see you again).

I enjoyed meeting new folks and look forward to the fall for the October rally.

Thanks all!
Haha Thanks Joe! A big thanks to you for setting up the event!

It was nice to meet everybody and had a great day of wheeling. Even though I dont like my award for the weekend, it was true. Lol.

Thanks to everybody for the help. I really do appreciate it. I made it home no issues and now have a long list of stuff to fix for next time!

I did have a go pro with me and my Uncle took a lot of videos. I will be going through them in the next few days and will post up a link on here.

frantik

Miles traveled: 1476.5 mi
Gallons of fuel consumed: 195.539 gal
Dollars spent on fuel: $424.92
Average price for fuel: $2.17/gal
Total time round trip: 83hrs 30min

Making new friends and awsome memories: PRICELESS!!!

And yes, I want to go back again!

Also, pics and video will be up later this week...

Miles traveled: 1476.5 mi
Gallons of fuel consumed: 195.539 gal
Dollars spent on fuel: $424.92
Average price for fuel: $2.17/gal
Total time round trip: 83hrs 30min

Making new friends and awsome memories: PRICELESS!!!

And yes, I want to go back again!

Also, pics and video will be up later this week...
Was great meeting you guys. Hope to see you back. glad you had a good trip.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks