• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Please don't be this guy(pics inside)

CajunM35A2

You obviously have not seen Mexican car haulers

You guys must have never seen the Mexican car haulers on I-10 in LA or MS. If I were to try to haul vehicles like they obviously can with impunity, I would be stopped.

Mikey90744

Looks like container chaises to me, they brake springs all the time because they dont get the pins open all the way and the Crane operator will pick it 4 feet off the pavement and drop it.

agreed, looks like a chassis how ever they acutally dont break springs all the time, broken springs on a chassis are actually rare becuase they generaly end in a roll over for the can chassis and UTR attached

nor do we pick them up very often, and never 4 feet and a drop, you gotta remember there is a person attached to said chassis in a UTR

Last edited:

tigger

Medic.
In Memorial
agreed, looks like a chassis how ever they acutally dont break springs all the time, broken springs on a chassis are actually rare becuase they generaly end in a roll over for the can chassis and UTR attached

nor do we pick them up very often, and never 4 feet and a drop, you gotta remember there is a person attached to said chassis in a UTR
Seen it happen 3 times at the rail yard all 3 drivers had to be taken to the hospital!

Mikey90744

Seen it happen 3 times at the rail yard all 3 drivers had to be taken to the hospital!
I have a few opinions on that, but Im not going to hijack this thread so Ill leave well enough alone

here is my ranger, while its not as impressive (visually) of a load, my ranger is set up with airbags with 100 PSI in em (2500 lb) and F150 leaf pack. notice the gravel poking over the top of the bed, the wheel barrow is buried down into the gravel where I actually had to take the wheel off to get the gravel out of it so I could use it, and there was a small river running out of the drains in the bed which you cant see, so it was a bit on the WET side

edit: I just dug up the receipt, truck scaled at 8435 with that gravel in it, when it was brought into calif I believe it scaled out around 3700 with a fiberglass shell on it, here is the bad news, without going out and looking at the sticker, I wanna say GVWR is 4800 lbs, that would be a bit over loaded lol

Attachments

Last edited:

Bighurt

I posted this another thread but feel it would do good here also.

If thats not overloaded, I dunno what is.
If its MT he's probably within limits....

However last time I checked Ford doesn't have air brakes on F550 and smaller....:shock:

Josh

Nah, The ford had a 20 gallon airtank to charge the brakes and he a dumpvalve if he needed the trailer brakes. It was only used to move trailers around a compound and to a place about 1/2 a mile away

bassetdeuce

Nah, The ford had a 20 gallon airtank to charge the brakes and he a dumpvalve if he needed the trailer brakes. It was only used to move trailers around a compound and to a place about 1/2 a mile away
Yeah, whatever works. I think the dumpvalve would be in the back of the drivers underwears if he REALLY NEEDED the trailer brakes though.

USAFSS-ColdWarrior

Chaplain
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
To quote the lyrics of the M*A*S*H Theme Song....

"But suicide is painless,
It brings on many changes"

COMPLETE LYRICS...

Through early morning fog I see
visions of the things to be
the pains that are withheld for me
I realize and I can see...
[REFRAIN]:
that suicide is painless
it brings on many changes
and I can take or leave it if I please.
I try to find a way to make
all our little joys relate
without that ever-present hate
but now I know that it's too late, and...
[REFRAIN]
The game of life is hard to play
I'm gonna lose it anyway
The losing card I'll someday lay
so this is all I have to say.
[REFRAIN]
The only way to win is cheat
And lay it down before I'm beat
and to another give my seat
for that's the only painless feat.
[REFRAIN]
The sword of time will pierce our skins
It doesn't hurt when it begins
But as it works its way on in
The pain grows stronger...
watch it grin, but...
[REFRAIN]
A brave man once requested me
to answer questions that are key
is it to be or not to be
and I replied 'oh why ask me?'
[REFRAIN]
'Cause suicide is painles
sit brings on many changes
and I can take or leave it if I please.
...and you can do the same thing if you please.
[media]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xIIqYqtR1lY[/media]

:nothingfunny:

Last edited:
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks