• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

PNW-2009-First Annual Chehalis River Valley MV Convoy

odnorth

Don't know if this was mentioned at anytime before, but how about starting the next convoy a little farther north say about 200kms or 150miles just to be fair to the other members.
Rob

wsucougarx

Just downloaded over an hour of video from the two camcorders we had along. Going to try and make something out of it. I'm going to try and condense it down to 10-20 minutes or so. I don't want to make a film out of it or a make it too short. I'm not out to get an academy award for it but will hopefully reflect the entire day and the fun we all had. What do you guys think about length?

Hammer

Just got home a little bit ago. 10.5 hours to get home!

Here are a few pictures of the hub incident. You can really see how close this tire/hub was to coming off, and it was just sitting still! Sure glad the deuce made a safe stop, and far enough off to be safely worked on.

I have more pictures, but those will come tomorrow if I am lucky.

It was a GREAT trip! We both definitely had lots of fun, and can't thank you guys enough for all the work you put into making this happen, and having it work out so well!
Hope everyone else made it home Ok and without incident.

Attachments

Hammer

No, left the trailer there, and just flat towed the M1009 with a towbar behind the 818. Worked well, towed well, and no issues with it at all. Well, except that I figured out that the M1009 now needs a new rear Ujoint. Caps fell off, found one needle bearing that was broke in half. Glad that didn't let go during all that driving!

5_TON_TOMATOE

Glad you made it home safe. Wouldn't want anything to happen to the #1 mechanic, and his #1 helper:-D- Arron, I have most of the parts, still waiting on a seal. Looks like next week. Rick had mentioned someone in McKenna that sells parts. Anyone know where or how to contact this guy? Maybe Rick could respond here.- Thanks, 5 TON:wink:

ABN173

Glad you made it home safe. Wouldn't want anything to happen to the #1 mechanic, and his #1 helper:-D- Arron, I have most of the parts, still waiting on a seal. Looks like next week. Rick had mentioned someone in McKenna that sells parts. Anyone know where or how to contact this guy? Maybe Rick could respond here.- Thanks, 5 TON:wink:
Aaron or Mike should have Rick's contact info from the sign-in roster, but we are in the same same unit so I could track him down for you on Monday if needed.

-Dale

OSO

I have Brad's phone number That where I got my cab from and my combat wheels from. His number is 209 810 2311 , call first he is a busy guy. Might not be there ,happened to me once extra 60 miles more I had to drive. Lucky for me I was 80 miles from my house before I drove down to see him . Got down to his yard gates were locked , I gave him a call he was at an auction, turned around and headed home. Now I call first!!!:oops::oops::oops:

Last edited:

OSO

:idea: In Mckenna at the stop light go East for about 1/3 of mile or less .You will see a cyclone fence on south side of road,drive to where the gates are located that's the place .:-D:-D

5_TON_TOMATOE

Just downloaded over an hour of video from the two camcorders we had along. Going to try and make something out of it. I'm going to try and condense it down to 10-20 minutes or so. I don't want to make a film out of it or a make it too short. I'm not out to get an academy award for it but will hopefully reflect the entire day and the fun we all had. What do you guys think about length?
How's the video production going? :-D