• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

PNW-2009-First Annual Chehalis River Valley MV Convoy

Josh

well good news, i got the electrial issue with my truck solved, turned out one of my batteries were bad. so baring any unforseen truck failure. count me in.

71 M35A2 Wo/W

also, anyone whos going if they happen to have a spare set of bows and a canvas they might be willing to sell. id like to yack at ya

wsucougarx

Just curious with just a little over a week to go. Just getting a feel for what everyone will be sporting on this journey. How many will be in uniform of past or present?
So far, looks like the weather will be cooperating with up at least from Monday-Friday w/a project high in the upper 70's. Lets hope and pray for good weather for Saturday!!! Just in case, make sure your wipers are good to go

Last edited:

wsucougarx

Yah, I just saw a youtube video on a 4th of July parade and saw several MV drivers in uniform. I'm still hmmmm'ing over this one too. Funny thing, I have my MARPAT uniform from Pendleton that I never got to wear. May be the opportunity to finally wear it:) Now I just need to find my boots

Last edited:

AaronW

I'll be in civvys w/ my USS DALLAS issue ball cap. 10 years in uniform was good enough for me. It's gonna be quite warm in the cab after about mile 130!:twisted:

MilitaryRestoration

Sadly I wont be making it...Due to not working the past almost 3 weeks I have been scrounging around looking for side work and have no extra room to make the trip, sorry guys and especially sorry to those that were thinking about using my rigs:-/

wsucougarx

Looks like we're going to have an outstanding turnout. Many things going on that day. We should raise a little ruckus w/the Lakefair activities and there's a classic car show in Montesano that we can all buzz:wink:

AaronW

Mike, I thought about making a quick stop at the old courthouse. It just looked like parking and keeping us all together would be difficult. What do you think? You gonna bring your other trucks into town so we can look at them on the way by?

wsucougarx

Hey Aaron, typically the classic car show is right in front of the old courthouse. Monte, usually closes off 3 blocks of road right in front of the courthouse as well as the main streets going up to the courthouse for their classic are overflow. Grays Harbor has a huge pushrod/classic car club. It's not unusual to have upto 100 cars at the show. We may be able to buzz down main street as it provides a straight route to an exit right back onto the hwy. I'll recon the courthouse Saturday morning when I head up to Cabela's and give you a brief.

Alex400

Hey, guys i would like to come and see this event. Is there anyone that i might be able to ride along in the cab with? I am really interested and probably would have a deuce if i had the room and the means to own one.

Thanks!

Alex

AaronW

Show up!

Hey, guys i would like to come and see this event. Is there anyone that i might be able to ride along in the cab with? I am really interested and probably would have a deuce if i had the room and the means to own one.

Thanks!

Alex
Alex, Show up for sure! I'm sure someone will be able to fit you in. If not, you might want to tag along with the convoy or just meet us back in Napavine for the camp out/cook out.

srodocker

hey all! sooo my gf got the day off and wanted to do some apartment shopping but i had to remind her of my deuce get together...after she rolled her eyes she said she might tag along with me :) very doubtfull i will stay the entire night as i work the next day but it shall be fun!! sucks MR cant make it i'll need to get a ride even if its just around the yard :)

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks