• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

PNW-2009-First Annual Chehalis River Valley MV Convoy

5_TON_TOMATOE

Please perform your safety checks prior to meeting up at the rally point. Make sure you're good to go on fuel and make sure everything is strapped down.

Tentative Convoy Roster:

AaronW......................Yes....... M35A2 w/trailer
Wsucougarx...............Yes....... M35A2C
DANMARTIN.............Possible
Rivired ....................Possible
BIGMIKE .................Possible
SRODOCKER...............Yes........ civvy
ABN173..................... Yes........ CUCV
MilitaryRestoration..Possible
RattleCan6104...........No
Quarkz....................Possible
USMC Deuce CPL.......Yes..........M35A2
AN/ARC186.............Possible
Hammer.....................Yes..........M35A2 w/trailer
Grounded...................Yes..........Civvy
Dma251.....................No
KURTKDS.................Possible
5_Ton_Tomatoe........Yes...........M35A2
JINX...........................???
datsunoholic.............???
OD_Coyote................No

PLEASE contact me or AaronW to get put on this list w/your ride.

Things needed:

"CONVOY AHEAD" sign for chase MV
"CONVOY FOLLOWS" sign for lead MV
Convoy light equipped MV for lead MV
Towbars w/safety chains (on standby)
Good idea for a few to have those Motorola type family walkie talkies w/ear buds for emergencies and what nots.

Pray for good weather!!!
Mike- I will also be bringing my M 1009- Trying to talk the wife into driving it :grin: I'm also thinking about the Wrecker- No promises, but may take the old girl out. I also have a 40' city bus, if that kind of transportation was needed. Just an FYI

Last edited:

wsucougarx

Last edited:

datsunaholic

Unfortunately I can't make it- I have a race that weekend, and being that I own the race course AND the tow vehicle, it's kind of imperative I be there.

AaronW

Aaron, do you want to mount the light rack on your truck? I was hoping to find a SS w/one already mounted on their truck already. Hmm like a wrecker or somekind of MV
Mike, No desire here to carry the light rack on my truck. If you want to mount it, I can ask Amphi to get it to me or I could pick it up. I think it woulld be more important for the last vehicle in line to carry a sign that reads "Convoy Ahead" to warn drivers coming up fast on us. What say you? Also, I like the idea of a 24vdc set up instead of 12.

wiggall

My wife, dog, and I would love to attend, but it is a little far from Idaho to drive a M35A2, and money is a little short this year:cry:

wsucougarx

Nah, don't want to mount one either. I'm hoping 5 ton tomatoe brings his wrecker;-). Then we'll have our light situation taken care of and tow bars for break downs.

Hammer

Yes, Barstow.
I normally avoid bidding on vehicles from there. They are not normally in the condition that I like.
But the 818 looked in pretty good condition, and I couldn't resist it with those nice XL tires already on it.

AaronW

We are quickly approaching one month to go! I need to know who is or might be spending Friday night here prior to the convoy.

To make it easy, just "Thank" this post to give me a quick head count.

Thanks again to all for the support of this operation.

AaronW

Well, It's official now...no turning back....full steam ahead....because the Port-A-John is ordered!:razz:

We are just a short month away. Still time for those of you undecided to join in!

Last edited:

wsucougarx

Good thing we're meeting at Cabela's rather than the Capital....LAKEFAIR (July 15-19). Parking and MV driving would have been a nightmare not to mention the parade is on that day starting at the Capital grounds. Hmmm, we could really raise some eyebrows however:twisted: Anyone want to crash a party???? LOL, just kidding