• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

PNW-2011-Third Annual Chehalis River Valley M/V Convoy&Campout

quarkz

Supreme Galactic Cleric
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Sweet & clean,

As an added feature get a pallet and a piece of astroturf / outdoor carpet to stand on , lets the water go thru, so you aren't standing in a puddle of goo and you can use it to scrub the bottom of your feet. And it is easy on the feet too.

Liz and I can't wait. From an idea at the last convoy, I made this.
2 hula hoops, 2 shower curtains, 2 boxes of hooks, a solar shower and some rope.
Hooked to the crane.

I need to find all camo stuff. This is just REV 1.:-D
I get how the first hoop and shower curtain work.

But how does the second hoop on the bottom and the second shower curtain attach to the bottom?

panshark

kaiserjeeps, I noticed in your pic that the duece is CHOCKED when your shower is setup. Not a bad idea at all. Of course if the truck was pointed downhill and the chocks were removed during shower operation...:wink:

Maybe you should install an emergency handle, triangle shaped, to hang from the crane as well.

Kaiserjeeps

I get how the first hoop and shower curtain work.

But how does the second hoop on the bottom and the second shower curtain attach to the bottom?

I forgot to mention the duct tape. It seals the back seam where the two curtains join so your neighbors don't have to look at the moon. And the lower hoop is attached the same as the top. Except I folded a little piece of tape over the edge of the curtain before poking the curtain hook through it. That made it stronger. It just hangs upside down with gravity. The lower hoop also helps keep the curtain from sticking to your bum. I would have to say the shower is big enough for two.:shock: A little Dr. Bronners peppermint soap and your good to go.

Have you ever read the entire label of a bottle of Dr. Bronners?:shock::shock:
Wow!

And yes, Chocking the truck when you shower might be a good thing. Trying to rinse all the soap off while running inside the shower curtain behind the truck just before pulling the E-brake could be difficult.:mrgreen::mrgreen:

And I like the astroturf on the ground for the feet. It's gonna be posh!

I need to install my LDS motor soon. Woodburn truck drags are Aug 6th.

In the mean time a campout would fit the bill. Is it here yet? :D

Last edited:

AaronW

July seems like a long way off. The reality is......it will be here in a flash.[thumbzup] I still have tons of planning and preps to do. Should I get started now? Na....I'll wait for it to get above 20*F.

Make sure to let me or Mike(wsucougarx ) know here or in a PM if you plan to attend. We want to have plenty of eats for everyone.

Bring it on!!!! Let's see if you can fill my back yard. Yes, That's a challenge.

What would it take to get some armor here?? $$ I'm sure. If you have a tank, or know somebody that does, let me know if there is interest in running one around a little. (No, not you Scott)

srodocker

bah! i want to run around a tank...you should say no not you josh! maybe I can get the museum to let me borrow something...yea right its a political mess there right now. i still have yet to mess with any of the vehicles because of the contractors. I'll have my gf and tiny dog in tow this year. along with my camper.

Amer-team

Aaron, you ought to give Larry a call and see if he will drag the half track out of the barn. don't think it has run i four or five years.

ABN173

Aaron as always I'm looking forward to this event, however this one more than than the last two since I will deploying shortly after.
Granted I will be back in time for next year's but I will miss all of Scot's mini rallies in between though.

wsucougarx

Four months and change left to go gentlemen. Get those postponed projects started so you can be done by Rally time...that was more or less me talking to myself[thumbzup]

Stalwart

It was one of two, one for parts, that I looked at for Jane. I told her she could have a Champ but "not that Champ". They are listing the parts vehicle, and it was WAY worse than the one I was looking at.