• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

PNW-2011-Third Annual Chehalis River Valley M/V Convoy&Campout

Wolfen

Put me down as a maybe,
MEMBER-------------MV/TRAILER---------STATUS------------OUT OF AREA------------MILITARY STATUS

Wolfen WC53 Maybe Woodburn Or. Guard

AaronW

STP bikes

Super good news everybody! This year we will NOT be sharing the road with the STP riders. Looks like they scheduled a week earlier just to avoid being run over by big green iron.

AaronW

Convoy route details

I have added some convoy thoughts to post #1. Please review and comment if need be.

Also: Some people have posted ideas for air rifle or airsoft shooting events. I do like the idea for additional activities during the camp out and cook out portion of the event. That being said, I'm going to squash the shooting for now. This is my thinking: 1)We don't have an kind of range with proper backstops. 2) We have pets and kids running everywhere, sometimes through tall grass and trees. 3) I'm not sure of my liability here if someone puts an eye out. Sure, we could all sign release forms and such. I'm not sure I want to get that far into it. 4) We can discuss this as an event for the future. Maybe somebody will step up and figure out how we can do it safely and with some sort of proper makeshift range and safety officer. I'm worried enough about flattening kids with 395's and such.

That's it for now......It's gonna be fun!

P.S.- I have no problem with anyone carrying on the property. You get my drift.

Last edited:

wsucougarx

I have added some convoy thoughts to post #1. Please review and comment if need be.

Also: Some people have posted ideas for air rifle or airsoft shooting events. I do like the idea for additional activities during the camp out and cook out portion of the event. That being said, I'm going to squash the shooting for now. This is my thinking: 1)We don't have an kind of range with proper backstops. 2) We have pets and kids running everywhere, sometimes through tall grass and trees. 3) I'm not sure of my liability here if someone puts an eye out. Sure, we could all sign release forms and such. I'm not sure I want to get that far into it. 4) We can discuss this as an event for the future. Maybe somebody will step up and figure out how we can do it safely and with some sort of proper makeshift range and safety officer. I'm worried enough about flattening kids with 395's and such.

Understandable Aaron, didn't think about the potential liability issue. I think the shooting was pretty much squashed already as there was no interest. Any one have ideas for activities that doesn't involve the possibility of anyone getting sued or hurt;-)?

Your right Aaron and wsucougarx!

Understandable Aaron, didn't think about the potential liability issue. I think the shooting was pretty much squashed already as there was no interest. Any one have ideas for activities that doesn't involve the possibility of anyone getting sued or hurt;-)?
Aaron& wsucougarx,
There's enough of a job watching out for people,especially the little ones with all the vehicles,etc.. Perhaps we could get into horseshoes,volleyball or maybe a softball game. I think it's a good idea to forget the airsofts. It's understandable especially the liability,etc involved.Let's just make it a safe fun event for everyone.

ABN173

Aaron, no issues,it will be fun regardless. I'm considering just coming for the camp out and company, mainly due to diesel being over $4.00 per gallon so I think I'll pass on that portion this year.

-Dale

wsucougarx

Aaron, no issues,it will be fun regardless. I'm considering just coming for the camp out and company, mainly due to diesel being over $4.00 per gallon so I think I'll pass on that portion this year.

-Dale
I hear you on that Dale. It will be interesting to see where fuel prices sit in July during the peak vacation fuel spikes. We can all gather in Olympia to convoy down to Aarons Saturday morning. Many of us met last year and had a good time convoying down. [thumbzup]

I'm sure glad that my 09 Dodge truck 4x4,with a 3:92 axle and the multi-dispalcement-system(MDS) Hemi (390HP) gets 13 to 15 miles per gallon while towing a 28' Jayco 5th wheel that weighs 7500 pounds loaded. Heck gas prices I figure will be around $5.00 a gallon for gas! There are already reports from the media that oil will reach $150 a barrel. For every dollar that a barrel of oil goes up gas prices increase 3 cents a gallon at the pump. Here we go again.I'm coming anyhow even if it's 550 miles to go out there.You can't win!! I'm COMING!!!

Last edited:
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks