• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

PNW-2011-Third Annual Chehalis River Valley M/V Convoy&Campout

wsucougarx

Trying to get my wife to drive her deuce down for the event. We'll see;-) She did say she'd have no problems driving a HMMWV....hmm, she said it not me. So I can't get into too much trouble if one mysteriously shows up can I? [thumbzup]

wsucougarx

Had a very interesting interaction with a Nat'l Guardsmen today. I drove my '68 to town for evening service. A guy on a mountain bike followed me to the church and was asking a ton of questions about the deuce. Apparently he drove them back in the day, which wasn't too long ago. He said I should stop by their Nat'l Guard Armory as they have a M66 ring mount sitting in one of the motorpool's garage. He said it wasn't on their annual inventory manifest so they have to get rid of it. He said none of their LMTV's had a cutout for a ring mount. He said I could just come by and pick it up. I responded NO THANKS I don't feel like going to Federal prison. He just looked at me in disbelief and I went about my business. Incredible!! What the heck kind of guys we have in the ARNG? Albiet I know this is probably an isolated incident but this guy didn't know me from Adam.

REO 54

"I responded NO THANKS I don't feel like going to Federal prison. He just looked at me in disbelief and I went about my business. Incredible!! What the heck kind of guys we have in the ARNG? Albiet I know this is probably an isolated incident but this guy didn't know me from Adam. "

Smells fishy.I wonder if he was fishing to set you up.Good call Cougar.A teaching moment as well,as I would'nt have known better.Thanks

Hammer

That 'part of the family' is going to ring my neck if I don't get her deuce up here soon!
Anyone have, or know of a tandem dually gooseneck trailer I can beg, borrow, rent, to go pick it up with?

Hammer

Three day weekend, what are those?
More like a day and a half. Sprint down there, load up, then go normal back up.
If the wheel bearings were a little better, it would just DRIVE up.

Kaiserjeeps

I'm hoping Liz and I can drop in. My duece needs brakes and seals. All sitting in a box waiting for me... We will try to make it. It would be nice to sit around a fire. To much work and not enough play lately. There is a lot happening right about then.

I still have a couple slots open for two parades guys. On the 4th and Aug 27th. I posted in up coming events. Think about it. :D

Last edited:

Fort Powell

Hi All,
I am planning on being there with the Deuce & M105.
Thank you to Aaron for the truck.
Thanks to Aaron, Dan, Scott and Ed (Hammer) for helping me get up to Tacoma. The drive was very smooth for my first time driving a stick.
I only stalled out 2 times once I got into the city. lol

If any of you have any suggestions for a gear list for the truck and the rally I would appreciate your input.

Ed

Josh

I was bored today and attempted to put whitewalls on the deuce just for ****s n giggles. Sadly I ran out of paint before I finished, and Was outa flatblack, I now have an albino rim on the deuce.rofl

Boredem + Paint = Interesting things can happen.

Attachments

Hammer

What about a tandem axle equipment trailer? And a deuce... and me. [thumbzup] Id gladly drive down there and backrofl
Counting how slow it would be, and how many times we would have to stop for me to fix your deuce, we might not make it back in time for the convoy! lol