• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

PNW-2011-Third Annual Chehalis River Valley M/V Convoy&Campout

That's O.K. Every other weekend is a three day. So, if it happens that way, you find out your leaving on a Friday. Say something the night before, and if it's a three day weekend for me, I can let ya know where to pick my up on the way through.

Just an option if ya need it.

Hammer

I work 4 days on, and sort of 2 days off. So a rotating schedule (that happens to change somewhat often as well... )

Josh

Counting how slow it would be, and how many times we would have to stop for me to fix your deuce, we might not make it back in time for the convoy! lol

In 12k miles, shes left me stranded on the side of the road once... And that was how I met you and Danielle, So its no all bad. It may have its quirks, but she always gets me home:grd:

Hammer

Have you pulled a heavy load through some of the larger hills?
The deuce has some weight in the back, so it's probably around 15k, plus your trailer.

Josh

Ive towed 8k over the coast range more times then I can count. It may be a slow ride, but Id leave tomorrow on a 1500mile round trip and not really worry about more then if I was driving my landcruiser or suburban. Was tipping the scales at around 27k lbs (truck n trailer) Driving from Portland to North Bend. Never got below 25, even on a 6% grade.

I know a fewk more lbs would make some differance, But I still think she'd make it.

Id have to talk to my buddy about the trailer, For it is not mine. But even then, Im pretty sure where i know you could rent one for a few days for not a whole lot.

Hammer

Those are all good reasons why I like doing the trip with my dodge and a gooseneck.
My gooseneck trailer isn't strong enough for that weight, or I would have done it already.
And I can hold 70 mph on any hill that I want to, but I take a number of those turns a bit slower. Sure makes the trip go a LOT faster.
And it's 430 miles each way.
I drive enough everyday for work, and while I LIKE driving my MVs, I don't like to add in a long trip through the Siskiyous in a slow noisy truck. I already average 1k to 2k miles a week, plus all the work in between....