• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

PNW-2011-Third Annual Chehalis River Valley M/V Convoy&Campout

scoutmanadam

just wanted to let you guys know i still plan on going depending on how my one year old son is doing. he has been fighting a lung infection for the last five weeks but seems to be beating it now. if hes all up and good to go, then so am i. anyway, just wanted to let the people in charge of head count know.

srodocker

Well just got on the internet cafe here at Arlington hahah in a small tent. computers are really slow but it works. needed my SS fixed been a couple days hahahha. Anywho after doing the parade here today im excited for our parade next weekend. Cant wait to get down there and do some more camping. be camping i think 4 out of the past 6 weeks. all with the truck! this is my first trip with teh camper. just using a cot at the moment but its insulated and has a fold down bed but no legs so cant use it yet. my dad says it shoudl be close to beign done by next friday when i pick it up!

It was. In for a complete sand blast and 24087 paint job. I hope we can get it done in time.
You make me so jealous.:evil: Now I have to go and repent.:oops:

Exodus 20:17 "You shall not covet your neighbor's house; you shall not covet your neighbor's wife, nor his male servant, nor his female servant, nor his ox, nor his donkey, nor anything that is your neighbor's."

Wait, You live to far away to be my neighbor. I'm in the clear.:mrgreen:

wsucougarx

Haha, I see a trend here Aaron. Is Ed out painting his truck as well? I'm about 98% done with mine. Still need to get the van roof and hood black reapplied then I'll be good to go.

Attachments

I just washed the truck with purple power, scraped the worst flakes. Put a piece of aluminum tape over one rust hole in the bed side and attacked with rattle cans. Looks so much better but I can hear the paint falling off from my office.

I was also amazed at how fast the moss would grow back through the paint.

2Sa 12:1-5 Then the LORD sent Nathan to David. And he came to him, and said to him: "There were two men in one city, one rich and the other poor.
The rich man had exceedingly many flocks and herds.
But the poor man had nothing, except one little ewe lamb which he had bought and nourished; and it grew up together with him and with his children. It ate of his own food and drank from his own cup and lay in his bosom; and it was like a daughter to him.
And a traveler came to the rich man, who refused to take from his own flock and from his own herd to prepare one for the wayfaring man who had come to him; but he took the poor man's lamb and prepared it for the man who had come to him."
So David's anger was greatly aroused against the man, and he said to Nathan, "As the LORD lives, the man who has done this shall surely die!

srodocker

hahaha when mine sat at dans house when i had my surgery it got all sorts of moss or algae on it. theres still some on it in the corners on the outside of my bed!

just got back from arlington. Tons of seat time this weeknd about 6hrs of drivine 2 hrs worht of driving to parents the 4 hrs worth of driving to arlington and back.

cant wait for some more next weekend my old girl gets a rest untill friday. she pulled 63mph all the way back muahahah

quarkz

Supreme Galactic Cleric
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Need to come up with MCARC. Moss chemical
coating..haha
More like BARC.

Chemical Agent Resistant Coating. CARC
Biological Agent Resistant Coating. BARC

Nope, it will never work.
Everyone know that moss really likes growing on bark.

So Aaron-
How cold have the nights at your place been getting this year?
After being so ill-prepared for you winter like temps last year I want to be better prepared.

wsucougarx

Unbelievable cant believe we're only days away from what we've been waiting all year for. Please make sure we all do our safety checks.lets keep it as safe as we can out there. Took my truck out yesterday to find one of my bearings cooking.luckily I have enough time to fix it.

AaronW

warm days/cool nights

So Aaron-
How cold have the nights at your place been getting this year?
After being so ill-prepared for you winter like temps last year I want to be better prepared.
Looking at low 50's + that constant breeze. I'll take a good look at the 5-day here in a couple days.

Soooooo far, no bugs. shhhhhh

Varyag

With the fuel I am going to be running... there will be no bugs, trust me.

I looked up the Daytime temps there this coming weekend. 70s. So I am guessing it is going to be really cold again.

I am not sure if this is allowed but I'll post it here because it pertains the most.

I have a bunch of stuff to off load.

8 Howitzer rims that are 10 inches wide and have the 5 ton bolt pattern.

1 5 ton split rim with a brand new 46 inch tire on it.

998 brush guard and seat cushions

some weather stripping for hummers and a brand new steering wheel for them.

It is all heavy and I only want to bring it if you guys are interested. Otherwise I am going to keep it for when I get a 5 ton.

I am not asking much for anything. Honestly, I would rather do trades for stuff I could use.

Unfortunately, I won't be the fuel er truck this time. My WMO supply isn't what it used to be and I am sure we kept more then a few people up while running the operation last time. We did top off every deuce that wanted it and one 5 ton that regretted it later! The whole trip I used of gave away over 215 gallons of fuel.

Last edited:

REO 54

Getting Fired Up! Went through and checked/adjusted all brakes.Installed new trans/park brake.

Undid my entire winch spool [161'] checking for any bad wire all good.Put a whole can of LPS 3 on the cable for lube/protection.

Now it's down to KP and gettin' "parade pretty".