• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

PNW-2011-Third Annual Chehalis River Valley M/V Convoy&Campout

Hammer

I know this is a little late, but can everyone that plans on driving in the convoy itself (not the parade part,) please THANK this post so I can get a head count and an idea of convoy size?
Thanks

wsucougarx

I hear tyou on that.been putting in some overtime.after today I'm taking the rest of the week off.ive got three more days to recruit...lol.got your back covered scott

**ANNOUNCEMENT**

I regret to inform you that the wife and I WILL NOT be making the PNW Rally this year. It breaks our hearts in doing so.

Aaron has already been informed, but I thought it only right to post here and let every body else know.

Due to an unforeseen family tragedy involving the wife's dad, a massive heart attack, and a zero survivability rate, we will be in eastern Oregon with family through next Monday. We were hoping we would have time to come back and at least swing by for a day and see every body, the wife thought it we be good for her soul to make the trip and have an emotional break. But planning did not work out in our favor.

We hope you all have a great time, we will be missing each and every one of you. This was going to be one of the great highlights of our year.

We are already looking forward to a time when can get together again. Until then, take lots of pics and video for the rest of us.

Happy motoring.

Mike and Jackie

Last edited:

Josh

Oh yeh Rob. Dont forget that Canadian Beer this year. Anything ya want that you cant get up there ya want for trade?

Its sad to hear that Mike. Hope to see ya guys soon.

odnorth

No trades needed Josh the good company you guys and gals supply is payment enough. On a different note took the deuce on a hard run down the highway yesterday to check hub temps, hottest one was 101 F so l was very happy until l seen the gear oil running down the inside of a tire. Took it down, l think it was the outer seal but l didn't have one to replace it l repacked the bearings ( the inner one was washed out ) replaced the inner seal and put silicone in the keyway and put it all back together. l'm going to make the drive and just keep an eye on temps, since the one that was washed out was not even close to being warm l think l'll be O.K.

ZackRidesRed

I got some bad news, I walked by my deuce when I got home from work and the left side of the rear most axle is leaking brake fluid. I will still be at the rally but my deuce will be left home, I just dont have the time to fix it this week (just started up a swing shift in the welding shop last week so long hours or me). I'm guessing its a wheel cylinder.

I bet it would make the trip fine but I'm not going to risk the safty of others on a bet.

Mike and Jackie my thoughts are with you.

wsucougarx

That's too bad Zackridesred. Were you able to see exactly where the leak was? I tore my '68 steer hub off only to find the brake line to the brake cylinder was loose. Once I tightened it up it was good to go.

goodguyzy

I got some bad news, I walked by my deuce when I got home from work and the left side of the rear most axle is leaking brake fluid. I will still be at the rally but my deuce will be left home, I just dont have the time to fix it this week (just started up a swing shift in the welding shop last week so long hours or me). I'm guessing its a wheel cylinder.

I bet it would make the trip fine but I'm not going to risk the safty of others on a bet.

Mike and Jackie my thoughts are with you.
maybe just an axle leaking. just tighten up the bolts. common problem.