• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

PNW-2011-Third Annual Chehalis River Valley M/V Convoy&Campout

ABN173

I looked closer at my deuce, there is now a puddle of brake fluid on the inside of the rim and I lost the pedal. its coming out of the drum, I checked the brake line and its tight.

My deuce will 100% not be thereaua I'm really bummed out. . . But I will still follow the Saturday morning convoy down in my Mazda 3.
Wonder if we could flat tow it out and make the repair into a educational training event?

-Dale

ABN173

OK, I'm officially worried about elkhunter. Anyone heard from him? They did not make it to Arlington as planned last week. No posts of late. If you have a contact # for him, please send me a PM. I would think they should have pulled in by now or at least sent me an ETA.
Aaron,

Any word yet?

goodguyzy

some bad news for me. As some of you know im on a recovery at the moment. started in bend on Sunday, picked up A3 in las veagas Tuesday, made my way over to french camp today (Thursday) flat towed the A2 from the depot to a storage yard (total nightmare) now im outside of redding, ca and wont make it home till tomorrow if every thing goes ok. Im going to wuss out and drive the suburban and tow the 101a2 so i will have something that od iron. that puts me there later Saturday.

Josh

Woot, Just got home after a 120mile test drive, deuce did perfect. Cant wait till tomorrow @ 7pm when I see yall guys at Jantzen Beach in the Safeway parking lot.

For the guys who want to convoy up from the south, This is a report of Post #375.

Okay this is the way I see it. For us folks come up from the south. Leaving friday night at around 7PM from Jantzen Beach. Jantzen beach is the last Exit on I5 before crossing the Columbia into WA. For those of you who want to convoy and meet up, I plan on cruising around 52mph, I have found setting the hand throttle on flats @ 52 gives ya enough power to maintain speed on all but 2 hills on the way to Aarons, Yet keeps my truck from overspeeding on any downhills. My truck sounds alot happier @ 52 then 56, and the differance between Portland and Aarons at that speed, is less then 3 minutes. I plan on having a 32ft trailer in tow, so I might a tad slower then normal.

I figure all you guys coming up from the south, we can try to time it so we all arrive around the same time at Jantzen beach, If your running behind, Let me know, Ill hand out my phone number and I'll gladly wait until ya arrive. Those of you north of Portland who want to fall in, Let me know and we can try to work out a time to roll down an on ramp to the freeway for you to meet up with us.

Just so we are clear, if ya wana roll up friday, post it here so we can get a headcount on whos going to convoy up. 52 would be ideal cruising speed, Unless of corse we get a M38 or M37 or any MV that requires us to go slower. Let me know.

My number is 503-318-6756, and If its not obvious, my name is in fact Josh.:shock:

Last edited:

quarkz

Supreme Galactic Cleric
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Aaron - elk hunter contact info sent.

Matt/Varyag, wife & son arrived at my place this afternoon.
We head to the wet side 8-9 AM, so we will see y'all in the afternoon.

I am bringing the stencil machines (1/2" & 1" I think).
So if you want to try your hand at making stencils bring some poster board or card stock or thick file folders.

ZackRidesRed

Ahh that's too bad. You know changing out a brake cylinder only takes about 30-60 minutes. I actually just got in from tearing one of my hubs apart to repack the bearing. She got washed by gear oil and it was a brand new seal...oh well, that's what you get for the new overseas made seals I suppose. You have the parts?
No problem in following us down. We may need to slip a camo net over the Mazda to make it fit in though;-). Yah we're going to have a few of us camped out on exit 99 for the drive south to Aarons. Haha, really couldn't figure out why I can't sleep at night over the past couple days....go the antsy rally fever going on.

I dont have the parts, If I did I would pull a late night today and fix it. I'm going to order and replace all of them, anything else I should do while am in there?

I still have some green spray paint left over frome the deuce paint job I could use on the Mazda. . . but I think I should at least let the warranty run out first. rofl

Well i'm off to work. . .