• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

PNW-2011-Third Annual Chehalis River Valley M/V Convoy&Campout

Aaron and family

Thank you so much. It was an awesome weekend.

Aaron, make sure to get more dirt on the relatives so they will be back next year.

Had my first experience driving in heavy rain going through Portland. There was as much water on the inside of the windshield as on the outside. According to my wife I needed a shower anyways.

Hope to see you all next year.

Act 11:16 Then I remembered the word of the Lord, how He said, 'John indeed baptized with water, but you shall be baptized with the Holy Spirit.'

ABN173

I wish I could have been there. Unfortunately, this was my drill weekend this Month. I'm in the air National Guard.
You missed a good time, but you were doing something more important so good for you! back when I was in the reserves, I knew guys that would not even bother showing for drill :???: Hopefully you can make the next one.

-Dale

AaronW

Thanks again to everyone who showed up and made this year great! I hope everybody made/makes it home safe.

The last trucks have pulled out. It's too quiet here.......

Zeek likes chili!!

64c30

Donna and I would like to thank Aaron, Amber, Ambers Dad and Uncle, Mike, Danielle and Ed for another rousing success! bravo, job WELL done! Outstanding weekend in all aspects. The weather didn't seem to dampen the high spirits at all.

It was a blast to swap lies and stories with so many, but as always, there wasn't enough time to talk to everybody other than a passing hello to many.

Jody, great shows on the stilts and dances. Loved it!

We made it home in fine shape, not having to add any water to the defunct radiator. I'm terrible with names, but am most thankful for the sheparding by the folks in the burgundy Durango from the woods back to Aarons. is definitely appreciated!

All in all, it was a fine weekend, exceeding last year.

Thanks again all!

Wolfen

You missed a good time, but you were doing something more important so good for you! back when I was in the reserves, I knew guys that would not even bother showing for drill :???: Hopefully you can make the next one.

-Dale
Thank you. I made a Commitment when I joined the Guard and I keep my Commitments. I despise anyone who Joins the Guard or Reserve and don't show up for Drill because it is Inconvenient! I hope I can make it next year. I will even have a MV to Drive. I recently Purchased a WC54. I will be Posting Pictures when it is Delivered. If someone can't wait, they can view it at http://www.vintagemilitaryvehicles.com/ the Sold Category. The Pictures, will show it in Unrestored Condition. I am Paying to have it Restored since I don't have the Time to Restore it my self,

Last edited:

hwcurtice

Thank you. I made a Commitment when I joined the Guard and I keep my Commitments. I despise anyone who Joins the Guard or Reserve and don't show up for Drill because it is Inconvenient! I hope I can make it next year. I will even have a MV to Drive. I recently Purchased a WC54. I will be Posting Pictures when it is Delivered. If someone can't wait, they can view it at www.vintagemilitaryveichles.com in the Sold Category. The Pictures, will show it in Unrestored Condition. I am Paying to have it Restored since I don't have the Time to Restore it my self,

Wolfen,

Ya need to spell that url correctly..

Home-VintageMilitaryVehicles.com

This one?
WC-54 Ambulance 3/4 ton for sale

Nice...

quarkz

Supreme Galactic Cleric
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Dry Side Convoy Commander here!

What a horrible event! Can't somebody talk to someone about the weather?
I mean really last year we nearly froze and this year we nearly drowned!
An my god I lost 20 lbs, the place was like the chow line at a concentration camp.
:p:smile::p:smile::p:smile::p:smile::p

But honestly, Many thanx. Those East coast people don't know what a real rally is all about.
Many thanks to all the crew that made the event a marvelous time. And every this above wat 200% in the opposite direction.
Well worth the trip.

I made it back about 8pm. Yakima river canyon was a great route to take in order to miss the pass.
Matt and I managed to squeeze some blood from the Turnip, Thanx Brad! Sorry Scott :shock:
(When are we kidnapping that scallywag and bringing him to the Rally?)

Then Matt got a call, wifey's rig has some sort of brake problem, so he headed to Mt. Vernon and I made my way back to the dry side.

Also glad Jodi introduced you ludites to the joys of what can be Burningman. Seriously Aarron we need to schedule a Mass MV Camp at BM sometime in the next 2 or 3 years. Or at least drag you monkeys to Critical massive/which happens the week following the Chehalis Rally.

quarkz/Tony DayGlo outttttttttttttttttttttttt!

REO 54

Awsome Rally again.Rain or shine I'm havin' a good time.Big thanks to all who put out the effort to make it happen.

On the way back to the Islands I got passed by Matt,on a hill,while he was towin' the trailer to boot!
Sheesh,I got turn up fuel of somethin'!

Will post pic's when I get chance

srodocker

heres some of my pics.
as you all could probably tell i was a little tired this rally. so alex got some drive time! and aaron have the coffee shop pic? hahahahah

i like taking pics of people taking pics of me its funny i think hahaha

not sure if it will be this set of pics. but one pic of us in the mtns and it looks like were speeding with the trees kind of blurry.

Attachments

srodocker

ok lets try this again.

more pics

also the first pic is of my truck at the apts at 5 in the morning. tricky getting it close to that curb!

also...THE CONVOY ROUTE WAS AMAZING!!!

Attachments

srodocker

the 2nd pic in the 2nd set is what i was talking about the blurry pic.

had to get a pic of josh thinking really hard about his phone...

Attachments