• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

PNW-2012-Fourth Annual Chehalis River Valley M/V Convoy & Campout

ABN173

Also, I've noticed no response in regard to the parade. Are you guys done with the parades?
Good Question on the Parade. This event might be evolving toward a huge M/V show in town following the parade. I'll keep everyone posted in next year's thread when that starts.
This is not a complaint by any means just my opinion, for me I'd like to suggest perhaps tagging a short convoy at the tail-end of the parade in order to allow more time later to hang out and wrench on the trucks or just relax among friends. Sometimes less is more, especially when you are trying to fit so much into the weekend. Some guys had their fill of driving just to get to get to Aaron's place (not the case with me per say), but I know some people came from much further than I did. My reason for skipping out was just that working 50-60 hours per week just tends to cut your motivation in half......and of course fuel cost.

Another suggestion how about a pot luck or at least for the side dishes, supplies perhaps? or a per-registration fee if you want meals? if not, you bring your own camping grill for whatever? Just ideas from a guy that won't be attending for awhile due to my PCS move. Aaron and Amber have a big heart to have funded this for as long as they have but if future years keep growing the way this event has since 2009 I don't think it will be possible? I know our host wants us all to have fun and enjoy ourselves but we can chip in and help pull KP or something?

I will miss these events without a doubt.

-Dale

Last edited:

Kaiserjeeps

Well we have a little less than a year to figure it all out. I know time flies, but I can't believe we have to wait that long.:( I have a good friend that does a lot of Land Rover events. I'll pick his brain on good games for a campout. The Salad bowl stretcher thing came from him.

Josh, yer on! Now if I could just stuff my LDS motor in quietly...:whistle:
If anybody wants to do IP adjustments. You will get at least 6 passes down the strip complete with a time slip. :D The crowd will go nuts over two MV's racing for sure.
I picked up a bubble mirror for the exhaust stack yesterday.

Glad Doug got his fuel turned up. I made a quick tool that I had in the truck glove box that didn't fit. We had to wait. And 10 MPG is pretty good!

I sure enjoyed camping next to Rich, Doug and Gail, and James and family. And the Expandooooo's LOL, Good times.

I noticed there was a pretty good sized car show when we left. That could be included as sort of a side thing for entertainment on Sunday. Maybe we could join them in another lot. Let the Napavine folks look over the rigs.

Regarding the event. We need to make sure it does not turn into a PITA for anyone. I am only about 2 hours away. I can most definately help next year even if we don't change much. Heck it's awesome the way it is. I enjoyed my naps.:D

I really need to go get my butt to work here

Cheers all!

Al

Amer-team

It does not seem to be on the air, but Aug. 17-19 will be a joint operation between the Oregon Military Vehicle Collectors Club and the Friends of Willie and Joe at Ft. Stevens. There will be MV's and historical displays for this one. Camping is also involved, but you will need to be affilitated with one of these groups. The FOWJ will be doing WW2 displays with vehicles. The OR club will bring a variety of vehicles including M series. P

Amer-team

Also Aug. 25-26 will be the Toledo Threshing Bee. They have in the past allowed us free entry by bringing an historic vehicle. They have a place to park the vintage vehicles where the public can view them, there is a swap meet in conjunction with this as well. Plus lots of old tractors and engines to look at. Maybe they would let us hook a hitch up at the tractor pull. It is right next to the Toledo Airport. Larry M., he is the one that had the WW2 Studebaker at Aaron's and myself have done this for years.

Amer-team

Does it make a difference if you attach the pictures?:( I counted 38 vehicles at Aaron's and Amber's at one time, so overall there were probably about 45 vehicles attending over the course of the weekend. We had 33 in the parade and 23 on the cross country tour and dust bowl. :D

Attachments

Amer-team

Special thanks to Aaron and Amber, with Wayne on the grill. Also special consideration to Dale on the T-shirts. What a great job.

Here is installment two on the pictures. Hopefully this will show some of the variety of vehicles that were in attendance. These show both in the field behind the house and lined up for the parade.

Attachments

Hammer

A week late, but I just picked up another M1009.
It wouldn't have fit in though, the local PD had painted it WHITE of all things...
Could have had the total count one higher!

As for the route, I tried to make it as interesting as possible without having to travel as far as we have in the past.
Truth is, we will almost invariably run parts of previous routes, as there are only so many roads near Aaron and Amber's place to get to the route.
Doesn't mean we always have to have a convoy though. We always have options.

jets1959

A week late, but I just picked up another M1009.
It wouldn't have fit in though, the local PD had painted it WHITE of all things...
Could have had the total count one higher!

As for the route, I tried to make it as interesting as possible without having to travel as far as we have in the past.
Truth is, we will almost invariably run parts of previous routes, as there are only so many roads near Aaron and Amber's place to get to the route.
Doesn't mean we always have to have a convoy though. We always have options.
No point having them if you don't drive them!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Great job on the prep and the convoy!!!!!!!!!!!! Less than a year until the next one!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks