• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

PNW-2012-Fourth Annual Chehalis River Valley M/V Convoy & Campout

wsucougarx

Made a run to HFT to get some pry bars and 15/16" deep sockets for the FMTV wheel/Goodyear MV/T project. This is going to be fun. I have no crane (the 923's won't work) and no engine hoist. This is all going to be done by hand in the field. Better pull out my MacGyver book. However, not sure where the duct tape comes in yet...

Wife's supervisor told her if she can get a certain coworker to trade days with her she can have the time off again.

It's gonna be hard to work with my fingers, legs, arms and eyes crossed.

Varyag

Hey guys. I am getting all my crap together to go. Anyone interested in a new 14" mich on a 5 ton split rim? I am planning on stuffing it into the 105.

I don't want to have to try and pack that thing unless I absolutely have to.

ABN173

Last call for special orders on shirts/hoodies. I know I still have to update my confirmed order list but to all those that PM'd me you are good to go.

edit: I will have extra T'shirts and a few other items but it you need youth or really large sizes I need to get the order in this weekend.

-Dale

Last edited:
Excited isn't the word to use!!!

Just curious, anyone getting excited yet?
Wishing it was right now!!! It's definitly going to be a "BLAST" !!! We are getting the trailer ready now so we can pull out of here right after the 4th , but it looks like it wiil be after the 7th because of a routine doctors appointment.Besides who wants to drive on the highways on the 4th? I'll bet they will be busy and someone will want to get where they are going by stepping on the acellerator just to get there 5 minutes earlier! Hope everone has a safe 4th of July and lets celebrate the birth of our country in a safe and sane way!! " Happy Birthday America" !!!!! elkhunter The picture of the American flag was taken in a parking lot at a popular shopping center in Helena.The smoke and fire in the background is the "Corral Fire".that was a couple of days ago.Thanks to those who were involved in the fire one way or another! The pictures of the sunset was last night just a little before the ten o'clock news came on.

Attachments

Last call for special orders on shirts/hoodies. I know I still have to update my confirmed order list but to all those that PM'd me you are good to go.

edit: I will have extra T'shirts and a few other items but it you need youth or really large sizes I need to get the order in this weekend.

-Dale
Dale , I'll pay you for mine when we get there. One medium T-shirt. Thanks again!! elkhunter

ABN173

I am hoping to get my el bustawagon fixed by then. It needs to stop raining so I can paint it as well.
Cough..FT Lewis paint shop...cough

After I showed the manager my truck and and we took measurements of truck and paint booth the manager reluctantly agreed they can do it. Standard truck fees apply $100 and you provide the paint and do all the prep work yourself, they will shoot it themselves due to OSHA rules.

-Dale

Amer-team

If you feel the need for a prep run, would be glad to have you in Centralia on the 4th. 0800 for breakfast and parade at 1600. display and talk to folks all day.

ABN173

Also there is a car show on JBLM (FT Lewis) ahead of the fireworks that night. Public is welcome use gate at exit 119 if you do not have stickers/decals on your vehicle. I'm thinking of rolling the sides up on the deuce and watching the fireworks from the field they let you park in across from PX.