• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

PNW-2012-Fourth Annual Chehalis River Valley M/V Convoy & Campout

dodgedougak

Steel Soldiers Supporter
cable, ladders,tees

It's official. Gail and I should be able to show up with the M35A2 "K" and the truck camper. I will need directions please. Also, I want that aluminum boarding ladder and those slave cables. Prices, please (PM me?). If there are any 2XL tees left, I would like one or two. Thanks
Doug

The shirts are a great idea Dale. A big thank you from all of us. elkhunter PS We are in our RV park system that we belong to in Arizona and are in Dow Creek about 6 miles from Hoodsport, Washington. It's very close to Lake Cushman In the Olympics. Boy does it feel better here than being in hot Montana. It rained here and the temp is 67 degrees. We are going to tour the area and leave here Thursday for Napavine and thePNW

usmc deuce cpl

Ok i got problems. This is my luck last year it was a frint main seal, this year it seems to be a rear main seal leak. Drove the duce to the rifle range and when i went to take off there was a 4" puddle of engine oil under truck. I was wondering if someone has a clotch allignment tool that i might borrow? It would be much appreciated. please send pm if you can help out . Thanks Dave.

Recon Charlie Alpha

Big Thunk

Well, maybe things were going just a little too smoothly.........

My M925 seems to have developed a big "thunk" when the auto tranny downshifts to first gear. Its enough to rattle the truck a bit.

With the execption of early shift points that need adjustment, that tranny is as smooht as silk, except for that big thunk on the donshift to first.

The fluid level (still 10 wt oil) is normal.

Thoughts, opinions?
Somewhat normal for these trannys? :cookoo:
OK to continue on, or should I park it until I can trouble shoot the fix? :driver:

wsucougarx

My newly rebuilt tranny on my 923 does exactly the same thing. It definately thunks from 2nd to 1st. It's something you don't get use to. Makes a guy cringe everytime it happens. From what I have read, it pretty normal to downshift harsh like that.

Last edited:

F'N!WreckerRay

Any interest in goodyear MVT 395/85/20's?
1100/20's? with 5ton wheels or without?
brand new goodyear 37/12.5/16.5's on hmmv wheels
slave cables?
medium duty light tow bars? or the super heavy ones?
Just a few of the items i have extra of and thought id ask if anyone needed.
See ya all there...
Ray

ABN173

Despite only getting 3 hours of sleep last night, I pushed through the last of the T-shirts so I am done now! So here it the total 238 Pieces! All double sided too. I still can't believe I only had like three mistakes....well besides the first small batch with the reversed image anyway.

I'm glad to be finished with this for awhile, I think the plastisol ink fumes are getting to me:tin hat::cookoo:

Dale

Attachments

ellisk1989

Sorry no, we just got our last load home from Arlington at 8PM tonight, there is just no way we will be ready in time.
so how was taking down your tent? hope it wasn't to much of a pain in the a** oh and on a side note i happened to be telling my brother about your scorpion and he told me he was up in bothel and seen some body with a tank on a trailer i asked if it was being pulled by a red f-450 and had a quad behind the tank so yeah he seen you heading down the road haha funny stuff :driver:

Stalwart

So that is you Kyle, at least it appears to be. The tent striking went well, just a few minor snags but we can definitely strike one and bag it with only 2 people. We waited until Monday afternoon to strike it. Lifting the tent is another matter, we still used the crane to put it in the box it came in. Everything is home and we'll be spending the next week unpacking, washing and repacking for use later. We pack everything in aluminum boxes with huge desiccant bags in them to keep things fresh. We'll also treat the tent to a few bags to keep the Taj Mahal smelling fresh. Jane found a packing date and that tent had been in it's bags since 2006.

Small world isn't it? :-D

rolling18

Any interest in goodyear MVT 395/85/20's?
1100/20's? with 5ton wheels or without?
brand new goodyear 37/12.5/16.5's on hmmv wheels
slave cables?
medium duty light tow bars? or the super heavy ones?
Just a few of the items i have extra of and thought id ask if anyone needed.
See ya all there...
Ray
I may be interested in the tow bars, and the slave cable (2 prong?)
provided they are "reasonable" cost :whistle:

items I have to trade/ sell
nice springer seat
11 NDT tire/ wheels
44. mag stainless 8" scoped target pistol
20 panels of acoustic foam
Kirby vacume (the Deuce of vacumes)
R/C helicopter and controller (450 size)

Last edited:
If anyone has a spare flasher unit for a deuce to sell at the rally PM me with a price.

And just so you know you can use a regular two prong heavy duty 12v flasher for emergency repairs. It just flashes a little on the fast side. Just disconnect the flasher, find witch of the 3 terminals is the ground and DON'T use that one. Wire one terminal of the 12 volt flasher to each of the remaining two and your on the road. I used the shove wire in hole method secured with electrical tape. That's because I am a professional, or maybe it's that bullet connectors were to big.

Last edited:

ABN173

I'm looking to add a single pin NATO receptacle just above or below the existing two pin port on my deuce, so if anyone has a female slave receptacle I'd be interested.

*edit: anyone have BII (Basic Issue Items) set such as shovel, ax, pick ax?

Thanks,
Dale

Last edited:

turbovr6jetta

I doubt these are worth anything and if i had more room I would keep them but I dont do they got to go. They are various brands all 9.00's and there is six of them. There is checking and wear on some, and less on others. I would get rid of the other 5 but they are still on rims and id like to keep them. I will let them go for the price of, free. I however will not be able to make it down but could meet up with someone that is heading that way (wink, nudge, cough, odnorth/stumpjumper) if it could be arranged. I'm not sure if they are worth the trouble, if they aren't I will just be throwing them away.

Attachments

macsog2000

Looking for a Nato Slave cable and a boarding ladder for an M934. If I can get the Nato cable, then I will let my two pin cable go? I may bring my YanMar powered fuel transfer pump and hoses, if anyone is in the market?
ken (Macsog2000)

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks