• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

PNW-2013-Fifth Annual Chehalis River Valley M/V Convoy & Campout

wsucougarx

Hi Peter, the 1st SGT is more than welcomed to join our lil convoy. Going slow won't bother me. It'll save me some fuel;-) Yes, we are meeting off of I-5 South's exit 99. I will be just off I-5 on the offramp just before the stop sign. Plan is to meet around 0615 hrs and depart at 0630 hours. According to my calculations, that'll put us at Aaron's by about 0700 hrs. That will give those static display guys to prep their trucks and gear and grab some breakfast as well. Peter you can fall in when we pass by your area.

Amer-team

That sounds like a game plan. I will pass it on to the 1st Sgt. He will be coming across on 93rd ave. which is the overpass, so he will turn left and wait. There isn't much room, but there is some, on the on ramp, as I have waited there before. Most likely I will catch you guys at Exit 81 south bound. I will be taking my GPW with Engineer trailer that morning and if weather permits, doing a preliminary Engineer Squad tool display, in prep for the MVPA convention the next week.

wsucougarx

Bringing stuff to sell...maybe

Hey guys. Thought I'd mentioned I may be bringing some parts to sell. I really don't want to drag a bunch of stuff to the rally only to bring it home. Some things available. If you're interested let me know and I'll pack it up:
-Stryker Vehicle Tow Bar (2 piece)-One arm is NOS, the other arm has a 3 inch puncture would that can easily be patched with a welder
-M939 series tool box w/hinged lid- shes in really good shape but could use some paint (the tool box just under the cab
-Acetylene or O2 tank mount for a CUCV maint. truck?
-RT-246/RT-524 radio mount
-Lightweight Weapon Station (minus the 4 support legs)
-M818 Toolbox (the one mounted on the spare tire rack)
-C-2296 Remote Control box with handset-NOS
-50 Gallon Deuce fuel tank with brackets (no pump)--->spoken for

Last edited:

AaronW

Updates made to post#1! Please check it.

If you desire to be in the parade please PM or contact wsucougarx. We are going to have 6-8 rigs in the parade this year. Mike will lead the parade group.

Most of us will leave after breakfast for the static display area to set up. I anticipate the public interest to be high with a lot of kids walking around the vehicles. Before you back up please have a spotter! In the display area I'd like to have all kinds of cool stuff set up. Lets try to keep it as "military" as possible. This is not a Zombie event.

The parade rigs will join the display at the end of the parade route. We will stick around for at least a few hours after the parade. Plan on eating lunch in town or bring your own to eat at the show area.

After muster back at Aaronw's, we will head out on a town&country convoy of the Twin Cities of Chehalis and Centralia. This is your chance to set off car alarms and receive hundreds of waves in one of the most patriotic counties in the state. We will have a drivers meeting before we depart.

Thanks for all the interest! See you here!

Last edited:

wsucougarx

Like aaron mentioned we're looking for volunteers to drive in the parade. If possible I'd like to see a variety of different mv platforms represented ie: a deuce, a tractor unit, van truck, wrecker(ray), m715, m37 etc. I have a 5 ton cargo I'll be driving .

Parade Drivers (responded):
1- wsucougarx M925A1 Guntruck
2- 1stumpjumper M934A1
3- HardhatD HMMWV

Last edited:

Amer-team

There is always the old volunteer method, you, you, and you, with me! We might have an extra WW2 jeep or two to kick in the mix. Showing the variety of vehicles is a great idea.

left_flank

If anybody is looking for some decal paint jobs I will be at the event starting on friday. I can do pin ups, stencil and free hand, shark mouth, and other paint jobs. My pricing is as follows:
Pin up girls-$75 additional fine detail- +$20
Shark mouth-$50
Stenciled letters 5-9 characters - $20 (both sides of vehicle)
0ver 9 characters- $25
decals & other images- $30
Free hand names - 30$ (both sides of vehicle)

this is a first come first serve. please e-mail me at sodapop0curtis@yahoo.com that is a zero not an O.

1StumpJumper

1- Your attendance status: definate
2- How many you plan on coming with you : self +1 (child)
3- MV/Trailer you're bringing : M934A1 expansible van
4- Date you planning on arriving : July 19 evening
5- Military/Veteran status : USMC veteran
6- Where you're coming from : Bellingham

I would also like to offer up / request the van in the parade. The route last year checked out O.K. for clearance, so I would like to expand the van for the parade.

WootWoot!

AaronW

Time to make the grocery run. Costco here we come! Roster is looking like 54 plus local friends and family. I hope we have at least a few who are procrastinating the RSVP.

Its not too late to sign on!!

TechnoWeenie

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Srodocker and I are planning our "On the way to the rally convoy" for Saturday morning (July 20th). We have done this convoy for the past couple years and will have the same meeting areas but much earlier departure times.

SRodocker's Convoy:
Meeting Place: Krispy Kreme's Tacoma Mall
Meeting Time: 0530 hrs
Departure Time: 0545 hrs

Wsucougarx's Convoy:
Meeting Place: I-5 South Exit 99 OFFRAMP, just south of Tumwater (Cannot park on the ON RAMP, only the Off Ramp just off I-5)
Meeting Time: 0615 hrs
Departure Time: 0630 hrs (FIRM TIME)

We need to leave earlier due to the 0800 hrs roll out for those participating in the "Static Display" area for the Napavine Funtime Event.

If you on joining us, please "Thank" this post.
'Thanked' , oh-dark thirty @ Tacoma Mall. Anything you guys need?

brianp454

I only have 1 other person (Josh) confirmed to leave Portland for the event on the evening of the 19th. Plan to leave out at ~6PM from the Jantzen Beach area. If anyone else is interested please let me know.

wsucougarx

Add Exit 81, southbound on ramp, at 0645, two WW2 jeeps. You guys should be there about 0650 or so. See you Saturday morn. P
Peter, are you guys going to slip in behind us as we roll by? We can reduce our speed just past the exit to allow you guys to catch up. Or did you want us to exit?

Amer-team

Mike, do a rolling slow down and it would be nice depending on lineup if something big was bringing up the rear. I really hate being on the freeway at 40 - 45 with a WW2 jeep. But for some reason, people give plenty of room to the 5T. Whatever happens, we will make it work.

wsucougarx

Anticipation is starting to catch up to me now. Just one more day for me. Got to work until 1700 hrs tomorrow. I'll have 4 hours of day light to wrap things up for the drive Saturday morning. Just need a couple more days;-)

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks