• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

PNW Info Thread!

Loco_Hosa

What will the loosening injector test to check for squirt tell me? I figured for one thing it will let me know if the spray pattern is proper for the injector. Is there anything else in particular I should be observing while performing this test? Sorry for all the questions just want to be very thorough in my diagnosis of my truck.
When I bought my truck I was pretty ****ed strapped for cash, and 1200 miles from my tools and all around in a bad spot. I had some help from the So-Cal chapter, (Awesome dudes) and then succesfully moved back here to where the money is. My point is I understand that frustration when your out of money, and even the tools to do a tire change are more expensive than you feel you can afford.

I can also say, its one of the most enjoyable vehicles ever to own.

During the down time if it does turn out to be something expensive like a HH or Head Gasket, is a good time to pull your drums off and inspect the brakes. If you are in need of any tools for this, or just need a hand, I am not far away and Im available every other Saturday, or any day after 1am, if you like working in the dark. :p

Side note, if you want to learn some more about the trucks your always welcome to assist me in putting mine back together! :D

A head gasket is not the end of the world on an old truck like this, unlike a V8 the head gasket is easy to access, and unlike a modern car there is no overhead cam to get in the way. Dont let yourself get spooked. All trucks are going to have a problem right away, and after you get it sorted, then its done. When my brakes are done, I will KNOW they are good for 5 years. If its your Head Gasket, after you fix it, you will KNOW its good to go for a good long time.

Dont get discouraged. You have help!

ABN173

A head gasket is not the end of the world on an old truck like this, unlike a V8 the head gasket is easy to access, and unlike a modern car there is no overhead cam to get in the way. Dont let yourself get spooked. All trucks are going to have a problem right away, and after you get it sorted, then its done. When my brakes are done, I will KNOW they are good for 5 years. If its your Head Gasket, after you fix it, you will KNOW its good to go for a good long time.

Dont get discouraged. You have help!
Its really not the end of the road as Loco stated. I think Scott picked up a head gasket set for for like $150 or so. And yes, you have lots of help! At some of the mini-rallies or the big rally there is always some wrench turning and guys helping each other out. Talk to srodocker (Scott) I'm sure he can plan a working mini-rally around a head gasket install for you. There is almost limitless support for you in the PNW group.

-Dale

Amram

Thanks guys...I will be ordering my new gasket set today. Is it possible I killed my turbo on the way home from Oregon? It only whistles now at around 1500-2000 rpms.

Loco_Hosa

Thanks guys...I will be ordering my new gasket set today. Is it possible I killed my turbo on the way home from Oregon? It only whistles now at around 1500-2000 rpms.
Two things:

1: have you verified that all the cylinders are receiving fuel?

2: Your turbo is not spinning as fast because of a lack of exhaust volume. If a cylinder is not firing, then all that is being exhausted is some unburnt fuel and some intake air. The volume is there-fore much less than if the fuel detonated.

Helpful?

Amram

So I ordered my pyrometer. Still looking for a complete gasket set for my engine so I can replace the Head gasket just for good measure. Should I go ahead and order a gasket set for my IP as well and replace it? And who wants to kick it and give me a hand with this fun stuff? I will make steaks!!!:p

Loco_Hosa

So I ordered my pyrometer. Still looking for a complete gasket set for my engine so I can replace the Head gasket just for good measure. Should I go ahead and order a gasket set for my IP as well and replace it? And who wants to kick it and give me a hand with this fun stuff? I will make steaks!!!:p
Planning ahead for me is a bit of a pain, and I am booked this weekend. Next weekend I aught to have a day I can come over.

Steaks are amazing. :)