• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

PNW Info Thread!

Loco_Hosa

What will the loosening injector test to check for squirt tell me? I figured for one thing it will let me know if the spray pattern is proper for the injector. Is there anything else in particular I should be observing while performing this test? Sorry for all the questions just want to be very thorough in my diagnosis of my truck.
When I bought my truck I was pretty ****ed strapped for cash, and 1200 miles from my tools and all around in a bad spot. I had some help from the So-Cal chapter, (Awesome dudes) and then succesfully moved back here to where the money is. My point is I understand that frustration when your out of money, and even the tools to do a tire change are more expensive than you feel you can afford.

I can also say, its one of the most enjoyable vehicles ever to own.

During the down time if it does turn out to be something expensive like a HH or Head Gasket, is a good time to pull your drums off and inspect the brakes. If you are in need of any tools for this, or just need a hand, I am not far away and Im available every other Saturday, or any day after 1am, if you like working in the dark. :p

Side note, if you want to learn some more about the trucks your always welcome to assist me in putting mine back together! :D

A head gasket is not the end of the world on an old truck like this, unlike a V8 the head gasket is easy to access, and unlike a modern car there is no overhead cam to get in the way. Dont let yourself get spooked. All trucks are going to have a problem right away, and after you get it sorted, then its done. When my brakes are done, I will KNOW they are good for 5 years. If its your Head Gasket, after you fix it, you will KNOW its good to go for a good long time.

Dont get discouraged. You have help!

ABN173

A head gasket is not the end of the world on an old truck like this, unlike a V8 the head gasket is easy to access, and unlike a modern car there is no overhead cam to get in the way. Dont let yourself get spooked. All trucks are going to have a problem right away, and after you get it sorted, then its done. When my brakes are done, I will KNOW they are good for 5 years. If its your Head Gasket, after you fix it, you will KNOW its good to go for a good long time.

Dont get discouraged. You have help!
Its really not the end of the road as Loco stated. I think Scott picked up a head gasket set for for like $150 or so. And yes, you have lots of help! At some of the mini-rallies or the big rally there is always some wrench turning and guys helping each other out. Talk to srodocker (Scott) I'm sure he can plan a working mini-rally around a head gasket install for you. There is almost limitless support for you in the PNW group.

-Dale

Amram

Thanks guys...I will be ordering my new gasket set today. Is it possible I killed my turbo on the way home from Oregon? It only whistles now at around 1500-2000 rpms.

Loco_Hosa

Thanks guys...I will be ordering my new gasket set today. Is it possible I killed my turbo on the way home from Oregon? It only whistles now at around 1500-2000 rpms.
Two things:

1: have you verified that all the cylinders are receiving fuel?

2: Your turbo is not spinning as fast because of a lack of exhaust volume. If a cylinder is not firing, then all that is being exhausted is some unburnt fuel and some intake air. The volume is there-fore much less than if the fuel detonated.

Helpful?

Amram

So I ordered my pyrometer. Still looking for a complete gasket set for my engine so I can replace the Head gasket just for good measure. Should I go ahead and order a gasket set for my IP as well and replace it? And who wants to kick it and give me a hand with this fun stuff? I will make steaks!!!:p

Loco_Hosa

So I ordered my pyrometer. Still looking for a complete gasket set for my engine so I can replace the Head gasket just for good measure. Should I go ahead and order a gasket set for my IP as well and replace it? And who wants to kick it and give me a hand with this fun stuff? I will make steaks!!!:p
Planning ahead for me is a bit of a pain, and I am booked this weekend. Next weekend I aught to have a day I can come over.

Steaks are amazing. :)

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks