• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

PNW Info Thread!

Jinx

Thanks guys...I will be ordering my new gasket set today. Is it possible I killed my turbo on the way home from Oregon? It only whistles now at around 1500-2000 rpms.
FWIW, my deuce only whistles at about 1800-2600 RPMS. I've got a bit of a oddball truck though. At some point someone thought it was a good idea to mount a turbo from the older 427 multi-fuel engine. Must have been all they had in stock at the time. That, or the mechanic just didn't care.

There are probably some old pictures on this site somewhere that shows my turbo as well as the thread where the experts diagnosed it's identity.

Amer-team

Thank you Mike. I don't really need another truck, but those looked to be nice ones. And with interest on our savings of 3 / 10ths of a percent, why not buy one. And they are way more fun.
We have the chance now to pick up some pretty nice original vehicles and that would go along with the article in the new Mil Vehicles magazine about restore or original. It gave me hope that all these years I have been resisting the advice to give the M38A1 a new paint job, I have been doing the right thing. It is stock except for the upgrades the military did over the years and a bit of new canvas. And I think it looks better than some of the restorations that are around.

Have a great recovery on your new toy. P

ABN173

Have a good recovery Mike! Oh see if Zy has any slave cables or slave cable ends for me, that's the next item on the ever growing list of stuff I need/want.

-Dale

oh what did those 5 late models go for? I missed the closing too.

-Dale

wsucougarx

Roger that Dale. Slave cables themselves are getting harder to find. Probably due to the price of copper these days. I'll see if he has any ends and you can just get welding cable for a DIY project. Those deuces sold between 4-5k
2320 - Trucks & Truck Tractors, Wheeled at Government Liquidation

ABN173

Roger that Dale. Slave cables themselves are getting harder to find. Probably due to the price of copper these days. I'll see if he has any ends and you can just get welding cable for a DIY project. Those deuces sold between 4-5k
http://www.govliquidation.com/auction/view?auctionId=5144801&categoryId=e1059
Yeah Mike, you don't have to tell me. I keep seeing them on e-bay for $200ish plus shipping. Rather expensive for what they are. I will find some though its just a matter of when/where. I am also looking for a 24v robotool, those are cool!

As far as the trucks go, that's about what I figured they would go for. I believe that the $1000 Deuce is forever gone (much like $50 jeeps in crates). I still did fairly decent with my GSA score considering current prices.

-Dale

ABN173

Slave cables themselves are getting harder to find. Probably due to the price of copper these days. You can just get welding cable for a DIY project.
1/2" Robotool bought from e-bay $80 and two slave ends $35 each.
What size welding cable? And would Granger or harbor freight have this?

My "Motor-pool starter kit" is almost complete now! rofl

ALSO how goes the recovery??????

-Dale

Last edited:

hwcurtice

Tie downs for m101 cover.

Is there a local supplier, PNW, for tie down material to replace the polyrope that is Gov'ment issue on these tarps? The ones I have are frayed and stiffer than a 100 year old dead person. Oh and just as nasty as well.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks