• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

PNW Info Thread!

Amer-team

Well if it wasn't for power steering and big truck itis, I would maybe go for one of those cute little trucks with the good fuel economy.:)

Amer-team

Definitely a Red Devil parade truck. The military did have many special purpose unit trucks from recruiting to parade. My uncle was stationed at Aberdeen back during WW2 and he worked in an illustration unit. They made the blow ups for training purposes and had every paint and graphic aid available at the time. One day they decided that their jeep was just to flat, so they gave it a clear coat. He said it was beautiful, nice and shiney, until they had to pull a formation with it. He said it stood out like a diamond with the rocks. He said they had to paint it back to flat and they all got their pay docked for a month or two.

Loco_Hosa

I'm back, long flight. More later.

-Dale
Im late to say welcome back, but welcome back man!

The truck looks great, were you as impressed with it in person? I cant wait till I get to see it up close and personal.

My internet time will be sketchy for a few weeks. I am supposed to close on the house in two weeks or so, and then I can get my truck fixed up, and start attending events with y'all again!

Amer-team

Is anyone planning on going to Armed Forces Day at Ft. Lewis (JBLM)? I got a note today from Kate at MWR, she is looking for lists of names for entry authorization by May 1. I asked and she sent back that no one had registered under Steel Soldiers.

I registered under my history group of Friends of Kilroy, but will be doing a WW1 display this year and so am not going to have much in the way of a vehicle presence.

If you would like to do a group run for this event, you will need to register with MWR and sign a memorandum of understanding. They do furnish a meal ticket for registered displayers and there is some compensation for vehicles to help with fuel costs.

Amer-team

May 19. I don't think you have to worry about getting on post. there should be ample room for you to sneak a truck in for display. I will be doing WW1 this year so will be away from most of the vehicles. Last year they had us parked just outside the centerfield fence at the ballfield.

Amram

I was going to go but my Chain of Command wants to use my Truck for the Bremerton Armed Forces Day parade. The are making huge banners for it right now to be attached to the sides of the bed. Kindof cool a Full bird Captain wants to ride in the back of my truck for the parade.

Amer-team

Very cool way to support the effort. I have heard that they have a nice parade up there. you might watch the time as Ft. Lewis will be going till 1700 or so. You might sneak in after the other event.
I have been doing this for a long time and Ft. Lewis is one of the best places to put on our historical displays. The folks at MWR do a great job of planning, organizing, and running the event and the troops and their families really enjoy seeing the vintage equipment. Once in awhile you will run across a troop that used to use your particular vehicle. Last year by luck of the draw, my 5T ended up immediately adjacent to the 80 Ord. Bn. My truck is in original markings and is an 80th truck. it was fun to watch the folks look at their unit equipment and then come to mine, look it over up and down and think to themselves that they don't have that truck in their inventory. Then they would ask and I would explain.

It really makes it worthwhile that we can keep someone's history alive for another generation.

Amram

I will try to be along...will have my new little m105 trailer in tow behind me. I have alot of work ahead of me though before I am even ready for armed forces day.

ABN173

Fustrated

Big project this weekend! Mounting HMMWV tires on my CUCV!
2" back spacers: check
1" Zero rate add a leaf blocks: check
4x HMMWV tires I bought from Brad while deployed: epic fail.........due to some miscommunication seems they do not have the wheels like the ones I was bidding on Gov Liquidation

This may mean more expense and I'm on a budget, which is why I was trying to bid on the gov liquidation auction lot for complete tires/wheels sets.

auaauaauaauaaua

It's just not my day today....
-Dale

edit:
Of course there are no HMMWV tires up for auction now either, I let so many sets go by because I thought I was good to go.

Last edited:
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks