• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Preamble to yet another WC brought back to life

zout

I figure if other drivers cannot pay attention and get off their dang cell phones to know whats going on in front of them - they should have woke up 10 minutes earlier to get in front of PB's wc - who needs stinking tail lights - its all hand signals.

o1951

To all those following Zout's threads I would like to say we all know his work is superb but I will say this..... I am restoring a WC51 at the moment and I am doing many of the same things he has done. Either on the M43, Deb's Jeep or the WC22. Unfortunately I am doing them in slow motion so today it truly hit home as to how fast and how good of job he does. My hats off to you brother and you have nothing but my utmost admiration. fat lady sings
nopics

steelypip

I subbed this thread when Zout started it, just because I knew it was going to be stupid amounts of fun to watch (and he takes great pics). I've read religiously, but lurked all along just because I didn't have anything useful to add. Well I still don't have anything useful to add, but just have to say:

Beautiful job. Well done, sir! I've always had a little bit of envy for the WWII WCs but you took it to a whole new level with the teardown, bodywork and that beautiful woodwork.

zout

Steelypip - thank you very much - I wonder all the time out of the 13,000 plus view who else lurks around - my threads are always open to anyone - it just makes it more interesting.

zout

Come to find out it appears PB's upholstery is L O S T in Indianapolis - has not moved

Just kidding PB its really on the move

Oh where Oh where can PB;s upholstery be
Oh where Oh where can it be

Its really here:
Scheduled Delivery:Tuesday, 06/18/2013, By End of Day Last Location:Departed - Indianapolis, IN, United States, Monday, 06/17/2013

By tomorrow night these should look a little more decent with skin on them Photo2163.jpg

papabear

GA Mafia Imperial 1SG
Come to find out it appears PB's upholstery is L O S T in Indianapolis - has not moved
Just kidding PB its really on the move
Oh where Oh where can PB;s upholstery be Oh where Oh where can it be

Its really here:
Scheduled Delivery:Tuesday, 06/18/2013, By End of Day Last Location:Departed - Indianapolis, IN, United States, Monday, 06/17/2013

By tomorrow night these should look a little more decent with skin on them View attachment 434960
Ya see...that's why I backed into that tree!!!
Those springs were poking me and I couldn't turn around and well...

papabear

GA Mafia Imperial 1SG
Whoo hooo!!! Guess who FINALLY turned the data plates to get stamped?? :-D

Gonna pickum up at 16:00hrs Wednesday, might send em north if the Commander wants em!!:naner:

:papabear::papabear:

zout

Absolutely - remember we have Two Webs sites that want your WC on their front pages - the data plates are a big part of bringing that dash under total submission and sex appeal. Now IF I only could have talked you into that stenciling - you figure I had waiting a full week for brake shoes to get swapped out - then another two weeks for the upholstery - if all would have been here when we first ordered it all you would have been driving this around CAMO 3 WEEKS ago. Boy that gives a whole nother aspect to the time frame and getting your WC done. Hope you remember where I live to send them data plates out - how about that 5th rim so I can mount up that spare EH. Of course now I need another tube seeing how I busted one of the others.

papabear

GA Mafia Imperial 1SG
Absolutely - remember we have Two Webs sites that want your WC on their front pages - the data plates are a big part of bringing that dash under total submission and sex appeal. Now IF I only could have talked you into that stenciling - you figure I had waiting a full week for brake shoes to get swapped out - then another two weeks for the upholstery - if all would have been here when we first ordered it all you would have been driving this around CAMO 3 WEEKS ago. Boy that gives a whole nother aspect to the time frame and getting your WC done. Hope you remember where I live to send them data plates out - how about that 5th rim so I can mount up that spare EH. Of course now I need another tube seeing how I busted one of the others.
NAG NAG NAG!!! BIOTCH BIOTCH BIOTCH!!! I could stay at home and get the ole "If you would have" treatment!!

Remember...I have issues...er...what were we talking about again??

Attachments

papabear

GA Mafia Imperial 1SG
Ya know what Commander?
You've done such an excellent job...and under what I planned to spend...so have your way with her...stencil her...do whatever ya want to her.....Well, I'm not a fan of canvass and tarps...so let's not go there.:-D

Other than that...have at it Brother...do what ya wanna do....you earned it!!:beer:
:papabear:

Last edited:

swiss

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Steelypip - thank you very much - I wonder all the time out of the 13,000 plus view who else lurks around - my threads are always open to anyone - it just makes it more interesting.
510 posts
646 attachments
Duration to date: 85 days

Zout Posts 177
PB Posts 154
Tinwoodsman posts 62

Last edited:

Tinwoodsman

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Upholstery, YIPPEE!!!! Hope to see detailed photos of the process for my educational archive. Let's see...data plates, upholstery, rim and STENCILS. The finish line is in sight.

:naner:

zout

Swiss - I hate not to join in the fun and make you start all over AGAIN.

Previously I was just stating that if all the parts would or could have been here knowing what was hidden under everything (making us have xray vision and physic too boot) in a nother world - just saying PB could have had his WC a few weeks ago - was no bitch from me- or pissin and whining.

I did enjoy the stab at the stenciling - BUT - I think PB really needs to investigate farther the history of this truck from what was found underneath & on top of the original paint and only then proceed with stenciling and markings. There is no reason just to stick something on it - I think he has a real keeper here and to finish this up right - honker down and figure out this babies history.

CAMO can do just as good of job or even better than I can when that times comes - there are some other little items on it that the troopers will need to look at when it's down there over the pit.

I am also thinking - they did have canvas BUT - they look like pioneer conastoga wagons with them on - makes them look hidious.

zout

Well from the thanks on that last post - must me only 4 of us reading this garbage I post.
SO I will keep this simple - here are some start pics of the upholstery tonight.
After tomorrow night whatever PB wants to post or add to this thread will be all his - I will personally end this thread tomorrow night - same as the 923 build - only time ya see it is when they are DONE.

Gotta go beat the bushes for a 923 soft top to take over my spare time so I do not have to drive it back in the rain the 13th.
Photo2168.jpgPhoto2169.jpgPhoto2170.jpgPhoto2171.jpgPhoto2172.jpg Hey PB - almost 10,000 miles on your WCPhoto2173.jpg

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks