• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Project Ferro Navy M37

zout

T - I thought about it but regular paint holds the heat in on a radiator - when a radiator shop does it the paint is thinned with gas I think ??? but its different stuff, Probably not and leave it used looking just like Adam :p.

TOO hot to work on that stuff out side tonight - but will get started up on it in the morning with the wake up of the birds.

zout

Oh yeab PB - on your list I blasted Swiss's personal water craft engine in there somethere ????????????????????????????????? I feel dizzy.

EH - proof is better than just saying stuff so there is the digital temp gun this morning on surface temps working with them. You can see how little I got done today with another day of sheer laziness I guess - my ole head is pounding of stuff happening the last three weeks.
Will get the 37 pulled out of the garage tomorrow morning so I can finish the underside pressure washing - get it back in side and see if I can start playing with the stenciles - I did notice the surface of the gray seemed gooey ????? Once I can look at that tomorrow after washing I will see what is happening. Nothing different than normal. DSCN0572.jpgDSCN0573.jpgDSCN0574.jpgDSCN0575.jpgDSCN0578.jpgDSCN0579.jpgDSCN0581.jpgDSCN0582.jpgDSCN0583.jpg

zout

njohnny1 - trust me I know and I think about that every day when I can work on it - that's why its most likely the last one I will be doing for quite some time with all the new changes happening.

Will get attacking that front chassis this morning and as hot as it was the frame coating and paint can both go on today - I still have to look at that top coat paint this morning.

nhjohnny1

Im pretty sure you know im kidding but I am definately just joking! I very much enjoy reading your threads and hope you will still have the time and energy to do a few more. ( just check on that paint, I thought the blue was supposed to be a little darker but im not an expert)

zout

Well I had a gag planned for Ferro - but I just cannot do it - so HERE IS THE REAL status of the 37 end of day today - all he needs to do is decide on the door stenciles and it could be done in a couple hours.

I see no reason if he does not plan soon not to be able to take this to VA.
The fuel tank is leaking from an impact on its lower left front corner so I have been pushing it in and out of the garage.

Outside of door stenciles fellas - HERE YA GODSCN0595.jpgDSCN0596.jpgDSCN0597.jpgDSCN0599.jpgDSCN0602.jpgDSCN0603.jpgDSCN0604.jpgDSCN0605.jpgDSCN0611.jpgDSCN0612.jpg

Tow4

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Looking good. It's going to be sad when Ferro slides off in the ditch at the GA Rally. :(

marchplumber

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Tremendous job Commander. I'm sure Adam will love it! Trucks were meant to be driven, mud or no mud. Ditch or no ditch. Thanks for allowing us "couch taters" to hang out and marvel at the show.
God bless
Tony

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks