• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

questions about m923a1

Cape Coastie

CWO4 ENG/MSS, USCG, RET.
Good afternoon Gray, I just taped up the lights and the windows and went to town with a brush and a roller straight out of the can! Coming out pretty good so far. Not a show truck but that is not what I am looking for.

Cape Coastie

CWO4 ENG/MSS, USCG, RET.
Hey Gray, I haven't done anything to the cab yet. It isn't to terribly noisy but I am getting a hard top this coming week and I have been told that the hard top will really quiet the cab and if I add insulation to the top it will get even better. I'll get pictures up when the top arrives.

therooster2001

Congrats on the purchase. It see it has a Red River rebuild sticker on the door, so you might have some new components in there. RRAD can sometimes mean new, or just new paint. The troop seats look like good condition fiberglass. It has a couple of things like unpainted engine shields and mud flaps I wish mine had, so someone was careful painting there. I see the frame is black, again, the paint job was careful, mine is just blasted on there. I did notice the ABS light is on, be careful with it until you get that working. Great price though, can't argue with that one for the shape!

98G

Former SSG
Steel Soldiers Supporter
The ABS light is most likely just batteries discharged below resurrection. After a few starts with new batteries the ABS light will likely go out. I see this a lot in auction trucks.

I looked for a RRAD rebuild tag on the dash. The pictures don't show well enough to tell. I give 80% chance it's there. The black underneath is consistent with RRAD.

Last edited:

98G

Former SSG
Steel Soldiers Supporter
The ABS light is most likely just batteries discharged below resurrection. After a few starts with new batteries the ABS light will likely go out. I see this a lot in auction trucks.

I looked for a RRAD rebuild tag on the dash. The pictures don't show well enough to tell. I give 80% chance it's there. The black underneath is consistent with RRAD.
now that I've seen it, yes there us a RRAD rebuild tag on the dash with a mileage stamp about 1000 less than current.

The ABS light is constant on, even with 2 new group 31 batteries in the truck. It is not doing the two triple clicks on startup. I suspect the controller.

The truck runs strong, with good oil pressure. It pulled all the hills between OKC and Dallas at 50mph +...

Last edited:
now that I've seen it, yes there us a RRAD rebuild tag on the dash with a mileage stamp about 1000 less than current.

The ABS light is constant on, even with 2 new group 31 batteries in the truck. It is not doing the two triple clicks on startup. I suspect the controller.

The truck runs strong, with good oil pressure. It pulled all the hills between OKC and Dallas at 50mph +...
any idea who sells a replacement?

juanprado

Steel Soldiers Supporter
follow the wiring harness from the abs yellow dash light. There are 2 inline mini blade fuses in sealed fuse holders. Start there would be my suggestion. The newer 5 part -23 TM's have a good abs troubleshooting guide. Caution, the older 4 part -24 do not cover abs.

follow the wiring harness from the abs yellow dash light. There are 2 inline mini blade fuses in sealed fuse holders. Start there would be my suggestion. The newer 5 part -23 TM's have a good abs troubleshooting guide. Caution, the older 4 part -24 do not cover abs.
That the 400+ page tm ?

juanprado

Steel Soldiers Supporter
depending on what pdf software you use, my bookmarks on the left show the table of contents and index. I will scroll through those and it lets me click on one if that is where I want to go and brings me to that section without having to scroll all the pages.
Also, I use the search function. I searched ABS and it is in chapter 4, work package 154. Looks like it is in Volume 2.

The more you use them it will help make sense.

I mostly use my iPad which has a search function but it's still confusing. Couple questions. Operating temp is 175 do I need to wait for the motor to reach that before driving? Also air needs to be at 120psi?

juanprado

Steel Soldiers Supporter
I mostly use my iPad which has a search function but it's still confusing. Couple questions. Operating temp is 175 do I need to wait for the motor to reach that before driving? Also air needs to be at 120psi?

I like to wait for the air to pop off at least once which is over 120ish but the truck will roll with 70ish.

I don't look at temp since the NHC250 runs cool and I usually idle 5 min or so waiting on air.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks