• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Rac-15 mre/water heater power cord

Jeepsinker

I just got two of these in the mail today ( Thanks Juanprado!) I did get one connector with mine. Now to figure out where it will be mounted. I have another butchered deuce wiring harness outside I will steal the flasher module plug off of for the second heater.

docpadds

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Best thing i ever got for the truck. I have one running right now in back of truck. When parked and on 110 there is a 24 Volt battery tender feeding the batteries, so this thing is on all day making sure i have a hot cuppa all day long.

If you can reuse another connector with cable attached thats a nice way to do it, these little connectors are a little fiddly to solder new wire onto. They are well enough sealed too that they stay hot for hours.

2014-08-22 22.09.54.jpg

glassk

I also made a wire set up for mine, and also put a plug in the dash to hook it to.... if you find the tent receptical sets, they use the exact plugs on the the outlet box(it's what I used for the dash plug) and then just used the cord from the kit....it's already made for you. I'll have to find my pics.
I thought they looked the same, the 16-10P is contact size 16 and arrangement 10P in the part numbers are what I saw, I have a few of these I think from a Dist kit outlet boxes if they might help someone,...

also 10P or 10S is plug and socket I think,

Attachments

Last edited:

M813rc

Steel Soldiers Supporter
While messing around with a partially scrapped M35 yesterday, I saw this connector plug and it looked right. Tried it, it is. It's the one that goes into the flasher unit.

Cheers

PS - I now see that M123Mack already shared that tidbit of info back in post 34. And I was so pleased with my "discovery"! :)

Attachments

Last edited: