• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Railroad Forum

Should we have a Railroad Forum?

• Sure, I don't see why not, we have tanks and few own them.

Votes: 52 83.9%
  • Nope, trains is dumb!

Votes: 1 1.6%
  • Ferro is nuts

Votes: 9 14.5%

• Total voters

Warthog

Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
While no links will be provided or allowed, seems like one of our favorite websites has some locos coming available in the People's Republic. Guess they are not EPA freindly...

m816

The Military Transportation Association on North Jersey has a train Engine and a box car. Owned and restored by the club. Personally, I don't care much for trains. I live right next to train tracks and it is a busy commuter line, with a double set of tracks so it is a bigger nusance than I am. Besides, I can't really trust anything that doesn't have a means to steer it. ( no steering wheel or Tee bar or clutches and levers.) Back and forth, back and forth, all day long. Might as well be in an elevator. I'd vote no.

USAFSS-ColdWarrior

Chaplain
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter

Ferroequinologist

Resident railroad expert
Steel Soldiers Supporter
I have been tasked with building a railroad at the 2013 GA rally. If I complete this mission, and run a military locomotive 100ft in each direction on it, I will be givin a RR forum and even made the Mod of it. At least according to the 'Gentleman's Agreement'. I suppose it would only be valid if I had made it with Gentleman! (PATracy and Clinto)

michigandon

I have been tasked with building a railroad at the 2013 GA rally. If I complete this mission, and run a military locomotive 100ft in each direction on it, I will be givin a RR forum and even made the Mod of it. At least according to the 'Gentleman's Agreement'. I suppose it would only be valid if I had made it with Gentleman! (PATracy and Clinto)
That reminds me, I need to get working on my crossbuck and whistle markers! Trying to figure out what to do with the 318 in the M882 has been consuming the lions share of my time as of late. Also need to swap out the transfer case in the deuce before GA 2K13. Got a replacement on hand, however the mere act of LOOKING at it sitting on the shop floor makes my back hurt. :(

USAFSS-ColdWarrior

Chaplain
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Do you need to rally the troops to support this mission?

Ferroequinologist

Resident railroad expert
Steel Soldiers Supporter
I've got a 'track gang' lined up. We should get it all done in a day. I'm going to build panel track so all we have to do is lift it off the trailer with a wrecker, set it down, and bolt it together. Will be like a huge train set.

USAFSS-ColdWarrior

Chaplain
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Even President Truman thought the ARMY should be in charge of the railroads......

http://www.history.com/this-day-in-...man-orders-army-to-seize-control-of-railroads

From this historical perspective, you could say that ALL Railroading qualifies as MV Activity, huh?

Just sayin'.

PS
I wish the Mods hadn't "DESTROYED" the POLL at the beginning of this thread. IMHO It was in appropriate and disrespectful to those with a very REAL interest in the military's railroading with Green IronHorse Locomotion.

wb9btz

Steel Soldiers Supporter
I saw ten (10) M1070 Heavy Equipment Transporters being transported by Very Heavy Equipment Transporters through Rochelle IL yesterday... They were all loaded on flat cars and going west by rail :D ! Looked like a newer variant and probably still in active service.

m1010plowboy

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Had this forwarded to me and thought someone might enjoy it.

_______________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

Transforming the beloved and versatile Jeep into a train? an idea that came to sound crazy. That was the idea for a group of friends who decide to tranform their Jeeps to trains.

On road trips, throughout the country, on several occasions they have found abandoned railroads; buried and dilapidated with no more use than transport us to remind us of the days when the train reached the villages and rural parts of Colombia .

http://www.liveleak.com/view?i=e5e_1377562794

Danger Ranger

Ok, so someone please update me here......I have been off the site for a few months, and is it my understanding that we still don't have a RR forum on here?

Warthog

Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
The would be correct. No "RR" forum or "Boat" Forum or "I just want it" forum ;-)

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks