• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

repower with a screming detroit or possible big cam cummins?

nhdiesel

No easy answers, but I'll throw some possibilities out there. I would think the 5.9 would be a bit shorter than the 3208, giving a bit of room for an intercooler. The best option would be to put the intercooler out front (as they should be ahead of the rad. anyway) with a custom grill, as someone on here has done. That frees up a bit of room to move the 5.9 forward as much as possible to make room for the transmission.

The 5.9 has a TON of potential power hidden in it, while still being extremely reliable. Once installed the sky is the limit for future mods. Twin turbos? Plenty of room under the hood for them! Start simple and move up from there.

I fully agree about the gear spacing with a 5-speed. I think the stock multifuel could really benefit from more gear choices, tightening up the gaps between gears. I'd love to drive one with a 9 speed.

Go for it and let us know how it works out!

Jim

Trango

Thanks for the note. I'm very torn on what to do, but I'm glad to hear I'm not overlooking something obvious.

Anyone need a 3208 to repower a stock deuce? I know it will fit, and that the stock 5 speed will work behind it. I make you good price! :)

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks