• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Request M35A2 Retrieval info

gimpyrobb

dumpsterlandingfromorbit!
I know its too late now, but for future reference, spray the starting fluid after the motor is turning over, not before.

rustystud

What you can try and do is first, remove the center bolt from the Hydraulic Head. Then using some brake cleaner, insert the little tube into each injector hole and try and flush out any garbage. If they are so blocked that the spray won't work then you must remove the six set-screws and the little plugs (see my previous post) . Then you can use a small rod to go into each passage and clean it. I would remove the plunger first to prevent any garbage going down and jamming it.

Derpy

Yes your previous post was immensely helpful. I am going to do a video on the tear down of the hydraulic head. I literally had to get a copper rod and shove it into to holes to clear debry. It was a fun task but I know it would be nice video for someone who has the same problem as me. Cuase there's no videos I have seen on it yet.

Derpy

But since I have already taken every thing apart I think I'll put it back together and just reverse the video....they will never know XP

rustystud

Yes your previous post was immensely helpful. I am going to do a video on the tear down of the hydraulic head. I literally had to get a copper rod and shove it into to holes to clear debry. It was a fun task but I know it would be nice video for someone who has the same problem as me. Cuase there's no videos I have seen on it yet.
Glad I could help.

Derpy

Going to edit video tomorrow,when I post it tell me if I left anything out or if I said something that is horrible advice so I can make alterations.

Derpy

tell me if anything i said was just bad advice or plain stupid. straight forward critisism is very helpful to me

rustystud

You forgot one important thing. Behind that 12 point bolt is a "fuel delivery valve" . Yours is missing. If you try and install that Hydraulic head it will not work.
Beyond that pretty good video !

Derpy

okay, well the HH works great now but when it pumps fuel to the injection lines, it squirts just a lil fuel out, like i mean literally a couple of droples. thats it. i got barely any pressure behind it. so where would the pressure chamber be or what ever creates the pressure or maybe is this the pump. and how much pressure should i have coming out into the HH injection lines

rustystud

okay, well the HH works great now but when it pumps fuel to the injection lines, it squirts just a lil fuel out, like i mean literally a couple of droples. thats it. i got barely any pressure behind it. so where would the pressure chamber be or what ever creates the pressure or maybe is this the pump. and how much pressure should i have coming out into the HH injection lines
You will only be getting around 70cc of fluid out each injection. Just a good squirt. Have you tried to actually run it yet ?

Also you will not have any pressure until you have some resistance like from the injectors.

DavidWymore

Good vid. Once the injectors are on you should have 3000 psi. If you can't rig up a a gauge, I've read the rule of thumb is the injector out of engine should shoot fuel 3-4 feet. Caution: skin piercing pressure.

Last edited:

Derpy

thats what i was hearing, that it would squirt out alot of fluid. im am going back up there today. i will show how low the pressure is in a video

DavidWymore

thats what i was hearing, that it would squirt out alot of fluid. im am going back up there today. i will show how low the pressure is in a video
It's not a lot of fuel, it's a lot of pressure. If you don't have the injectors on for resistance, there won't be any pressure. The plunger in the middle of the hydraulic head is what pushes the fuel, so that little cylinder full is it.

gimpyrobb

dumpsterlandingfromorbit!
If the filters are plugged, that can cause it. Ive driven my tr7ck till the fuel filters shut the motors down on the highway. Swap 5hem out and im good to go.

Derpy

is there a way to tell if there isnt enough pressure being built up? is there compression that should be there but might not, how do i check for compression. also when it ran, they said it wouldn't go over 20 mph. is this a symptom to my problem?

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks