• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Rhino 5/4 RV

chucky

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Well it was a pleasure to meet you today and glad you had time to come by and see us on your big trip to hee-haw -hell! Its not every day somebody drives 800 miles to come visit so we had us a couple Padron cigars and looked at green stuff for for a couple of hours and no we did not partake in any charcoal mellowed livations or donate any funds to naked beggars in dark and seedy places ! And to this day i will never understand why nudey bars dont open at lunch time . Because you never really know a town till youve seen their naked dancin talent ! IMHO

Rhino 5/4

Well it was a pleasure to meet you today and glad you had time to come by and see us on your big trip to hee-haw -hell! Its not every day somebody drives 800 miles to come visit so we had us a couple Padron cigars and looked at green stuff for for a couple of hours and no we did not partake in any charcoal mellowed livations or donate any funds to naked beggars in dark and seedy places ! And to this day i will never understand why nudey bars dont open at lunch time . Because you never really know a town till youve seen their naked dancin talent ! IMHO
Agreed. I think a petition should be started as soon as possible. Great talent is waiting to be discovered.

Rhino 5/4

Really like your truck wish I would have spent more time looking at it while we were down in Texas.
Thanks we have the back all stripped down trying to get it painted and put back together. We are ready to go camping again. Did yall make your trip up north?

Rhino 5/4

Just to keep things in the right place, here is the latest work we have done that I had posted in another thread. We are working on the plywood, sanding and finishing and I took the back door lock to the lock smith to see if he can make a key that will work. Hopefully we will get started on stripping the sides one at a time and painting. I really like the 24087 simi-gloss. Toying with the idea of going back with distressed crosses. I tried to bring back the ones on the truck but the way the stickers were printed all it was doing was bringing out the white and no red. The last picture is one that I salvaged from the parts truck and made a magnet board for pictures. What do yall think plain green or distressed?? I dont think I want to go with the new cross look as its not a restore but a re purpose.
20220429_180940.jpg20220429_180957.jpg20220429_191713.jpg20220429_232654.jpgred-cross-grunge-style-medical-sign-web-icon-vector-picture-ambulance-symbol-132122030.jpg20220105_195552.jpg

Mullaney

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Supporting Vendor
Just to keep things in the right place, here is the latest work we have done that I had posted in another thread. We are working on the plywood, sanding and finishing and I took the back door lock to the lock smith to see if he can make a key that will work. Hopefully we will get started on stripping the sides one at a time and painting. I really like the 24087 simi-gloss. Toying with the idea of going back with distressed crosses. I tried to bring back the ones on the truck but the way the stickers were printed all it was doing was bringing out the white and no red. The last picture is one that I salvaged from the parts truck and made a magnet board for pictures. What do yall think plain green or distressed?? I dont think I want to go with the new cross look as its not a restore but a re purpose.
View attachment 866779View attachment 866780View attachment 866781View attachment 866782View attachment 866794View attachment 866797
Maybe you didn't know that you were cool... Apparently the "distressed look" is the hot "in thing" with T-Shirts and other clothing. We print shirts and that seems to happen to about 25% of what we run these days. Would be pretty easy to print a new piece of vinyl and throw down the "distressed look" or you could paint it if you have those skills.

Rhino 5/4

Maybe you didn't know that you were cool... Apparently the "distressed look" is the hot "in thing" with T-Shirts and other clothing. We print shirts and that seems to happen to about 25% of what we run these days. Would be pretty easy to print a new piece of vinyl and throw down the "distressed look" or you could paint it if you have those skills.
I like the print idea. I have an artist friend too that could do it but will be lots of work I am thinking X3. Is it possible to do a vinyl same size as original, with clear or cut out, an "antique" white and red, clear to bring out the green base color?

Mullaney

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Supporting Vendor
I like the print idea. I have an artist friend too that could do it but will be lots of work I am thinking X3. Is it possible to do a vinyl same size as original, with clear or cut out, an "antique" white and red, clear to bring out the green base color?
Shape cut is easy. That is done on a flatbed cutter with an Xacto blade on steroids. That would definitely bring out the green base. Don't think you would be happy with clear. It would have too much "shine" and it would look like a sticker. Remember the models we used to build as a kid had that clear around the edges? Always looked kinda cheesy.

The distressed look - no problem. I need to look and see if we have a pattern for the "grunge" look to make it look dirty...

Rhino 5/4

Shape cut is easy. That is done on a flatbed cutter with an Xacto blade on steroids. That would definitely bring out the green base. Don't think you would be happy with clear. It would have too much "shine" and it would look like a sticker. Remember the models we used to build as a kid had that clear around the edges? Always looked kinda cheesy.

The distressed look - no problem. I need to look and see if we have a pattern for the "grunge" look to make it look dirty...
In your spare time and send me a price for what you think it will cost to make 4. Im so cool I will screw one up hehehe. The only side I have done is the back and will probably be a bit before I get another one ready to prime and paint. Thanks for your suggestions and help.

Mullaney

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Supporting Vendor
In your spare time and send me a price for what you think it will cost to make 4. Im so cool I will screw one up hehehe. The only side I have done is the back and will probably be a bit before I get another one ready to prime and paint. Thanks for your suggestions and help.
Give me some measurements. Assuming square. How tall or how wide in inches?

chucky

Steel Soldiers Supporter
I really like really distressed bikinis with holes all over them and distressed shower curtains and distressed curtains in general !

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks