• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

ring mount cab plate... how many need one?

jime

Getting ready to install my plate. I assume that the legs can be intalled AFTER the plate. I've got the legs and ring but want to paint them before I put them on.

Last edited:

CARNAC

The Envelope Please.
Supporting Vendor
OK City. I was just told one lot of 17 went for around 600. I think there were about 4 or 5 lots with 18 in them.

dabtl

There were about 175 kits at OKC. They went in lots of 18 except for one of 17. Complete kits with rivets and instructions. They went for about $34 per kit.

One sold on eBay the same day, same kit, $74 plus shipping.

With the number of known gun rings held by civilians, not many, and the 24 I had constructed and sold plus the number sold by jwaller, I doubt these kits will be hot sellers. I know my cost on them was about $94 each so the kits were quite cheap at OKC. But, how many will sell is a question.

Last edited:

mkcoen

Steel Soldiers Supporter
There were actually only 2 lots of 18 and the rest were lots of 17.

I've got mine in the classifieds for $135 (same price as the reproduction ones were on here) plus shipping. If you'll note the one on eBay the shipping was listed as a flat $65 (so they were making more money there). I'll ship for the actual cost and if anyone is going to be at the Brent Mullins Swap Meet in 2 weeks you can get it without shipping.

I imagine most of these went to the big parts suppliers (that's why they went so high) and they can ship them off to Bahrain or China or where ever. I needed one so I bought 17 and can provide an original part to others that need one.

dabtl

There were actually only 2 lots of 18 and the rest were lots of 17.

I've got mine in the classifieds for $135 (same price as the reproduction ones were on here) plus shipping. If you'll note the one on eBay the shipping was listed as a flat $65 (so they were making more money there). I'll ship for the actual cost and if anyone is going to be at the Brent Mullins Swap Meet in 2 weeks you can get it without shipping.

I imagine most of these went to the big parts suppliers (that's why they went so high) and they can ship them off to Bahrain or China or where ever. I needed one so I bought 17 and can provide an original part to others that need one.
I think the price is right. Having built some two dozen I can tell you they will run about $90 each in dozen lots. So, with the other interesting stuff in the kit, the price is a bargain for anyone needing one.

I also suspect you are right about the bigger parts vendors buying the other lots.

mkcoen

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Looks like the price just got "righter." The mass flooding of the market with reinforcement plates is setting much lower prices in the classifieds. Of course one on a more public "auction" site is listed at $150.

Last edited:
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks