• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Seabee Deuce Crew Cab Project

camoyj7

Well I got a bunch of stuff done today. I got the rear hubs flipped around,the guages back in the new rad. hose on and the passenger rear battery box on. I was glad to see the rear wheel cylinders were not leaking and the shoes looked brand new. I'm going to try and get the drive shaft made this week and run all of the new fuel so I can drive it to my friends shop to make the top.

Attachments

camoyj7

Well I got the fuel lines and the wiring for the fuel guage/pump done today. I also got the hood back on. I picked up a set of semi air ride seats for the front and I'm going to use a bench for the rear. This winter I plan on recovering the seats that purple has to go. Now all I need is a taller garage!

Attachments

camoyj7

Mounted up the shocks and finished the rear suspension. I also got the rear drive shaft installed. It should be ready to drive next week sometime. I hope to have the paint here by the middle of the week so I can start spraying.

Attachments

camoyj7

Where did you get your new u bolts? I am trying to remove my front axle and I have never in my life had ubolts frozen inside the mounting plate before. A 1000 lb. axle wont drop if off. I can even jack the entire front of the Deuce up off this u bolt. I didnt want to cut them not knowing if I could replace them. Thanks Jim
Had them made at Bott's in Woodstock IL. Any spring shop should be able to make them. They cost around $70.00 for all four.

camoyj7

I got the truck all ready to drive to my friends shop to make the top about half way there I lost all brakes. I limped it to John's shop (6x6guy) pulled the master cylinder and put in the rebuild kit. After I started to bleed the brakes the brake light switch blew out and started leaking bad. Just one of those days I guess. Maybe I'll get the top done in a few days.

Attachments

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks