• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Seabee Deuce Crew Cab Project

asgtoolman

Top is looking good; I know you don't want rain to hinder your progress, but some of us NEED RAIN very badly!
It's been hotter than hot and drier than dry down South this summer.

jtrimmell

Awesome build camoyj7!! Love the crew cab and that heel and tire package is by farm my favorite for these trucks! The Good Year MVT is the best looking/fitting tire in my opinion!

The Bud Light truck is pretty slick!

camoyj7

Other than driving the wheels off it I haven't done to muck to the deuce in the last month. I drive it every day and put 1500 miles on it this month. I did put a EGT guage in and turned up the pump and it made it so much better to drive. Now it will hold it's speed up all of the hills and keep up with traffic. We took a set of drive flanges I got from Clint at C&C and machined the splines out of them so I can disengage the front axle for driving on the street. Come winter I'll put the stock ones in the have four wheel drive. I hope to get some paint on it in the next couple of weeks and have it ready for Poofstock.

Attachments

Dave08

Been following the thread and have gotten a lot of ideas from everyone that posts to all the sites. I would like more detailed information on the metal work that you have done for the roof of the vehicle. both you and Apopka have done great work on the roofs but there is not a lot of detail information on how you did it. Did you use English wheels, metal breaks, etc... do you have pictures of the process.
Thanks,
Dave08

M-37Bruce

Been following the thread and have gotten a lot of ideas from everyone that posts to all the sites. I would like more detailed information on the metal work that you have done for the roof of the vehicle. both you and Apopka have done great work on the roofs but there is not a lot of detail information on how you did it. Did you use English wheels, metal breaks, etc... do you have pictures of the process.
Thanks,
Dave08
I am going to say the same thing as Dave08, camoyj7 your craftsmanship is to be commended!

ApopkaFL

Banned
I started welding from the center out, once I got too the to outside I used clamps to clamp it to my angle iron then welded it never used English wheel or anything to do the bend just wrapped it around and welded it. Then I took it off the truck and worked it and put it back on.

Attachments

Dave08

you the man! Sorry that I could not get back out there to see and assist! I am swamped with the everyday BS that one has to tolerate! Did you get the mail I sent?
What is your time line as I would like to get out there to see prior to your leaving. I found a donor cab and will go to pick it up sometime in September. Can not start project until I get the neighbors off my back.

Good luck man!
Dave08

camoyj7

We used a sheet metal roller to roll the sides of my roof. For the inner support we rolled some 1/4 bar stock for the for the sides of the top and I have 1"x1" angle iron for the cross bars. I'll post some pics when I get it done.

ApopkaFL

Banned
you the man! Sorry that I could not get back out there to see and assist! I am swamped with the everyday BS that one has to tolerate! Did you get the mail I sent?
What is your time line as I would like to get out there to see prior to your leaving. I found a donor cab and will go to pick it up sometime in September. Can not start project until I get the neighbors off my back.

Good luck man!
Dave08

It is all done expect the painting and installing the seats inside. Also going to switch the transmission fluid out. Cant seem to get a day with it not raining.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks