• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Sending my Deuce to Organizational Maintenance Unit (a.k.a. Jeepsinker)

m715mike

Motor Swap Update >>

Jeepsinker started yesterday afternoon right before a thunderstorm and rain delay. I got to Jeepsinker's this morning and helped him a little before I had to return home. In the sort time I was there we managed to turn one truck into several pieces. The winch came off very quickly once the drive shaft was off. I was really impressed by the combination of air tools and a wrecker! Here are some pictures as we started to dig in:

Truck 1.jpgTruck 2.jpg

The scope of this mission has also expanded. Not only are we swapping the motor in my Deuce, but we are now moving equipment from Louisiana to Texas. I towed fuzzytoaster's M1101 home this afternoon. When I drive my truck home next week, I'll tow archmark's M105 home for delivery at the Texas Rally.

rustystud

Thanks. Starting a new drug on Monday but having to sell my Goat and Deuce to cover just half of the copay. Plus I get the pleasure of 5 consecutive days of 7 hour IVs.
That sucks about selling your rigs ! and the IV's sound like a joy also ! Here's hoping you feel better and maybe they can get this thing under control !

rustystud

Motor Swap Update >>

Jeepsinker started yesterday afternoon right before a thunderstorm and rain delay. I got to Jeepsinker's this morning and helped him a little before I had to return home. In the sort time I was there we managed to turn one truck into several pieces. The winch came off very quickly once the drive shaft was off. I was really impressed by the combination of air tools and a wrecker! Here are some pictures as we started to dig in:

View attachment 614525View attachment 614524

The scope of this mission has also expanded. Not only are we swapping the motor in my Deuce, but we are now moving equipment from Louisiana to Texas. I towed fuzzytoaster's M1101 home this afternoon. When I drive my truck home next week, I'll tow archmark's M105 home for delivery at the Texas Rally.
It's always amazing how smooth things go with the right tools !

m715mike

Jeepsinker fired her up tonight and expects to be done tomorrow. I'm excited to say the least! I'm planning to drive her home on Thursday!

image.jpg

image.jpg

rustystud

Yes, Sir. It is.
I just saw a guy with Pinzgauer at Safeway today. I was picking up prescriptions at the store and there he was. When he came out I waylaid him and ask a few questions about his truck. He is actually a member here but hasn't been on the boards for a few years. I love those little 6X6 trucks !!! My wife loved it too ! and even said I should get one of those instead of the deuce.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks