• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Sf97 latest time frame

jideshraj

When you guys are calling, they are telling you what date the SF97 was physically submitted for processing? I picked up my truck a month ago and I have called a few times over the last two weeks because there still is no SF97 status on the govplanet website. They just tell me it's "on their tracker" and it will take 30-60 business days. I really feel like it hasn't even been submitted yet but I can't get any information out of them. What are the magic words to talk to someone who actually knows what's going on? I don't want to wait 2 months just to find out the paperwork fell through the cracks.
I was getting 30-60days answer only all the time. Now When I called, asked them that I was told title is not yet submitted and will be in next batch. So I am calling to see what's the latest. Then only they gave more details.

I thought it's a harmless statement. Was always getting vague response otherwise.

INFChief

I called and left a message this past Monday, April 4th. No one returned my call so I’ll try again today.

The issue isn’t just with GP. DLA has not been totally on the ball either. Regardless - for me, this is beyond comical and in to the realm of ridiculous. Depending on what GP says today and whether DLA can corroborate the actual status, I’m going to climb the GP ladder and speak to someone who can fix my problem. It’s been over 8 months and I do not have a good SF97.

In any self-aware business that’s an embarrassing and unacceptable occurrence.

Mullaney

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Supporting Vendor
I called and left a message this past Monday, April 4th. No one returned my call so I’ll try again today.

The issue isn’t just with GP. DLA has not been totally on the ball either. Regardless - for me, this is beyond comical and in to the realm of ridiculous. Depending on what GP says today and whether DLA can corroborate the actual status, I’m going to climb the GP ladder and speak to someone who can fix my problem. It’s been over 8 months and I do not have a good SF97.

AND the really sad part is that they don't give a flying DA#% either.

Mattguy

Steel Soldiers Supporter

I really would love to see who's in the office and what actually goes on. I don't see why these SF97's would need to be sent in batches. I think that's the excuses they come up with. It's obvious by the latest EUC times of 2 days to 2-3 weeks that these don't go in batches. I waited 5 months for a EUC.

diesel_dave

I really would love to see who's in the office and what actually goes on. I don't see why these SF97's would need to be sent in batches. I think that's the excuses they come up with. It's obvious by the latest EUC times of 2 days to 2-3 weeks that these don't go in batches. I waited 5 months for a EUC.
I just called and got ahold of someone helpful for once. She said my SF97 submission paperwork has been printed and should go out in the next "batch" to the Marines which should be this Friday. Very dumb but that's how they do it. It's even more crazy that it's not all electronic submission these days. Wouldn't be surprised if they print these, wet sign them and then fax them. Haha.

I asked why the website doesn't show any SF97 status and she said sometimes it never shows anything in there and I'd just have to call to get status updates. -_-

If I keep getting the runaround, I may have to let them know I'm contacting my Congressmen to see if they will look into it. Keep in mind govplanet is operating under a government contract that isn't guaranteed to be renewed by the government....

INFChief

I just called and got ahold of someone helpful for once. She said my SF97 submission paperwork has been printed and should go out in the next "batch" to the Marines which should be this Friday. Very dumb but that's how they do it. It's even more crazy that it's not all electronic submission these days. Wouldn't be surprised if they print these, wet sign them and then fax them. Haha.

I asked why the website doesn't show any SF97 status and she said sometimes it never shows anything in there and I'd just have to call to get status updates. -_-

If I keep getting the runaround, I may have to let them know I'm contacting my Congressmen to see if they will look into it. Keep in mind govplanet is operating under a government contract that isn't guaranteed to be renewed by the government....
Do you know the name of the person you spoke with?

Mattguy

Steel Soldiers Supporter

The "next batch"! LMAO. My batch was supposedly sent March 25 and she told me they don't send a new batch until the old batch is returned from USMC. That process takes 1.5 months she said. I'm always nice on the phone but I'm sure those girls in the office getting a verbal tongue lashing quite often.

diesel_dave

The "next batch"! LMAO. My batch was supposedly sent March 25 and she told me they don't send a new batch until the old batch is returned from USMC. I'm always nice on the phone but I'm sure those girls in the office getting a verbal tounge lashing quit often.
Yep, that is exactly what she said. I didn't say anything other than okay thanks but I am sure they hear from others who are less understanding on a daily basis. I paid them ~$1,500 in auction fees and $50 extra for the SF97. It is absurd that it takes them so long to even submit the paperwork. If all I was waiting for was the government, that would be one thing but its all the more frustrating to find out that govplanet hasn't even submitted the paperwork in the first place. Probably takes someone 30 seconds to print out the form and make sure its correct so it is beyond comprehension how they can be weeks/months behind.

williamh

It’s the government , NOTHING moves fast on any level. Ask any street level gvmt official. (Cop) , get arrested and see how fast the wheels spin or ask anyone who was military. Slow as crap and no one gives a crap. Complain and see how much faster it goes. (I pay you salary !) , you go straight to the bottom or get “selected for enhanced screening”.

diesel_dave

It’s the government , NOTHING moves fast on any level. Ask any street level gvmt official. (Cop) , get arrested and see how fast the wheels spin or ask anyone who was military. Slow as crap and no one gives a crap. Complain and see how much faster it goes. (I pay you salary !) , you go straight to the bottom or get “selected for enhanced screening”.
I don't think most of us are complaining about the government aspect of the processing time. We are mad that govplanet seems to sit on these things for weeks/months before they even submit to the government.

diesel_dave

Just received email from Govplanet with Fedex tracking number! Can't wait to deal with this at the liscense branch next week. This will be interesting!
At least my DMV said it won't be any issue as long as I have the SF97. Even said they could override a failed emissions test if they needed to. Now I just need that dang SF97. My temp tag expires in a few days so I'll have to beg for another.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks